Feral's attitude towards DRM-free releases?
Page: «4/11»
  Go to:
cRaZy-bisCuiT Apr 23, 2018
Quoting: Shmerl
Quoting: Salvatosso of course you would disagree with anyone who defends it.

And I bring arguments to that. I haven't seen any argument from DRM proponents to justify it.
Quoting: Shmerl
Quoting: Salvatosso of course you would disagree with anyone who defends it.

And I bring arguments to that. I haven't seen any argument from DRM proponents to justify it.
Even though I'm neither a friend nor I want to defend it, but aren't the PROs obviously? You can secure your property and make sure only people who licensed it will use it. At least in theory.
Shmerl Apr 23, 2018
Quoting: cRaZy-bisCuiTYou can secure your property and make sure only people who licensed it will use it. At least in theory.

DRM is not about securing property, it's about abusive and overreaching preemptive policing.
Shmerl Jun 14, 2018
XCOM: Enemy Unknown came out on GOG for Windows but not for Linux and MacOS. This is the first release there as far as I know that Feral have Linux version for. So apparently 2K have no problem with DRM-free release and Feral have no excuse of "it's up to the publisher" here.
Cyril Jun 14, 2018
Quoting: ShmerlXCOM: Enemy Unknown came out on GOG for Windows but not for Linux and MacOS. This is the first release there as far as I know that Feral have Linux version for. So apparently 2K have no problem with DRM-free release and Feral have no excuse of "it's up to the publisher" here.

I thought the same... It's a hot topic.
But I'll keep an eye on it and see what Feral says about that in the next few days or weeks.
I think we might get a definitive answer.
Plus this game is not so recent, so clearly the excuse wouldn't hold it...
Avehicle7887 Jun 14, 2018
This is one game I'd really love to play. I've already emailed Feral about it, hopefully I will be able to come back with good news.
Shmerl Jun 15, 2018
Quoting: Avehicle7887This is one game I'd really love to play. I've already emailed Feral about it, hopefully I will be able to come back with good news.

Would be interesting to hear what they say.
Liam Dawe Jun 15, 2018
I emailed as soon as I saw the GOG release for a statement. No reply yet.
Shmerl Jun 15, 2018
I don't really expect them to provide a clear answer. They do appear pro-DRM inclined, and admitting that publicly will give them bad PR. So most companies in such case resort to "no comments" attitude. It's not the first time.
Cyril Jun 15, 2018
Be Pro-DRM in 2018 when you can find nearly all of them in illegal ways...
I think I'll never understand that statement, plus it's actually "already" bad as i would like to buy their games but right now I don't.
(My GOG account have more than 400 games...)

Let's hope for a good answer, thanks for your emails guys!
Liam Dawe Jun 15, 2018
I will likely send a reminder early next week, as end of hours for the UK now and no reply.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.