You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Feral's attitude towards DRM-free releases?
Page: «5/11»
  Go to:
Avehicle7887 Jun 15, 2018
Quoting: ShmerlI don't really expect them to provide a clear answer. They do appear pro-DRM inclined, and admitting that publicly will give them bad PR. So most companies in such case resort to "no comments" attitude. It's not the first time.

This morning I received a response which sadly it doesn't say much:

QuoteHi,

Thanks for your interest in Feral Interactive.

We appreciate your suggestion, and will take it under consideration.

The best way to find out about new Feral games is to follow our website and social media pages for announcements: (bunch of links)

I hope they see there's profit in providing their ports to GOG, especially when considering that these games are pretty much done and require little to no maintenance.
Shmerl Jun 15, 2018
Yeah, that's a usual non answer which says nothing about why they didn't release the game. So I'll stay with my assumption that they are pro-DRM.
Shmerl Jun 15, 2018
One thing this answer suggests is like before, this decision was Feral's, since they say that they are "taking it under consideration", and not let's say 2K or anyone else.
Plintslîcho Jun 15, 2018
Quoting: ShmerlXCOM: Enemy Unknown came out on GOG for Windows but not for Linux and MacOS.

I have to admit that I'm really disappointed this time. It's not the first time that a game is released on GOG.com for Windows only (and it won't be the last). But this time I find it really sad.

Thanks Avehicle7887 and Liam for reaching out to Feral about it. Even though it may not change anything, I'm still interested to read about Feral's point of view.
adamhm Jun 18, 2018
I've started a giveaway over on GOG's forums about contacting Feral to ask about releasing the Linux version of XCOM there, to show the demand for it... the chances might not be good but it's worth a try at least.
Shmerl Nov 13, 2018
Quoting: adamhmI've started a giveaway over on GOG's forums about contacting Feral to ask about releasing the Linux version of XCOM there, to show the demand for it... the chances might not be good but it's worth a try at least.

Did anyone got a response from Feral about it?
Shmerl Apr 29, 2020
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is now out on GOG, DRM-free. As usual, Feral didn't release the Linux version there.

Last edited by Shmerl on 29 April 2020 at 4:47 pm UTC
Cyril Apr 29, 2020
Ah shit, here we go again.
Alm888 Apr 29, 2020
Quoting: ShmerlDeus Ex: Mankind Divided is now out on GOG, DRM-free. As usual, Feral didn't release the Linux version there.
Did you expect any other outcome?
dorron May 1, 2020
What is Feral up to? haven't heard anything from them in a long time...No new linux games?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.