Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
[SOLVED] My pc shuts down while gaming (but not always...)
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
ziabice Sep 9, 2018
Tested kernel 4.14 with The Witcher 3: after ~20 minutes the PC shut down. This time I noticed that GPU fan were spinning very fast: 1800 RPM at 70°C.

I'm very confused... :|
whizse Sep 9, 2018
You might want to check that the heatsink is attached to the GPU correctly, just to be sure. Though I would expect any game to crash if that was the case.
ziabice Sep 14, 2018
I just bought a new PSU (a Seasonic Focus+ 750W) and the problem seems solved. I haven't tested it thoroughly, but some quick test seemed very positive. I did better cable management, too.

What is very strange is that my previous PSU was perfectly fine for the hardware in this PC, and worked flawlessy anyway...
mrdeathjr Sep 14, 2018
Quoting: ziabiceI just bought a new PSU (a Seasonic Focus+ 750W) and the problem seems solved. I haven't tested it thoroughly, but some quick test seemed very positive. I did better cable management, too.

What is very strange is that my previous PSU was perfectly fine for the hardware in this PC, and worked flawlessy anyway...

This RX 580 (is a RX480 OC and RX 480 have around 180w very similar tdp of GTX 1080) is a very hungry tdp card for this reason psu could solve your issues

And add other components like as oc cpu

^_^
Shmerl Oct 3, 2018
QuoteUse the AMD drm-next-4.20-wip

Does anyone build proper Debian packages for it? I don't want to use Ubuntu repos.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.