Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
DiRT Rally GOL League - Group B (RWD)
Page: «2/4»
  Go to:
Xpander Nov 24, 2018
Greece done.
Enjoyed quite a bit. Love RWD

S1: Clean
S2: Clean
S3: Got stuck into inside ditch on hairpin for ~5 sec
S4: Clean
S5: Went off the road, took some time to get back on track, luckily avoided all the obstacles
S6: Clean
tuubi Nov 24, 2018
I gave greece a try. Screen froze twice during the first stage, and the game just locked up during the second. I'll try again tomorrow.

Next event should be better. There was a pretty good deal on an RX 580 on Friday, I just had to order one.
Skully Nov 25, 2018
I had a great run. Couple minor issues but nothing important. I am getting used to GroupB RWD. Liking it alot. I actually think I like the Lancia more than the Opel Manta now.
On another note, I seem to be better at the game the less I play it. I really only play now to compete in the league. And I seem to be improving. Where as before I played it everyday and seemed stuck at a certain level.
I really hope the league stays alive as I still really enjoy and look forward to it each week.
Xpander Nov 25, 2018
Quoting: SkullyI had a great run. Couple minor issues but nothing important. I am getting used to GroupB RWD. Liking it alot. I actually think I like the Lancia more than the Opel Manta now.
On another note, I seem to be better at the game the less I play it. I really only play now to compete in the league. And I seem to be improving. Where as before I played it everyday and seemed stuck at a certain level.
I really hope the league stays alive as I still really enjoy and look forward to it each week.

Ohh very nice. Even without the bigger mistakes i made, it would have been close, but well mistakes are mistakes. I had small ones everywhere ofc also like going a bit wide and loosing momentum for the corners but that's normal. Looks like you have improved quite a bit or i'm going backwards :D. I'm also only driving the league events.

edit:

By the end of the second stage i was leading over 6 sec. 3rd stage mistake took my lead down to virtually zero. 4th stage, i dunno what happened there, can't remember any major mistakes (i know i was careful on the later parts of the stage cause its narrow there and hitting a rock wall can kill your tire), but lost another 4 sec there to you it seems. 5th stage was the worst for me, when i went out and had a long trip before i got back to road, lost 10 sec there :) then last stage i took 5 sec back. Just doing some analyzation :) Doesn't change the result. Looking forward to UK also.
tuubi Nov 25, 2018
Greece done, and surprisingly my GPU crapped out only once. My driving wasn't great, but at least I was consistent. Until the last stage all my runs were around 12-14 secs slower than the fastest time. I was losing my concentration on the last one and took a couple of detours.

I should probably be better at this after almost 400 hours, but at least I can always filter our league results by "Controller" on Racenet and feel like a winner. :P
Koopacabras Nov 25, 2018
hey guys !! I just bought Dirt 4 and it runs really well on Steam Play. I'm getting well over 60fps on medium settings with this rather weak card (rx460). Anyone interested in creating a League? remember that with Steam Play it counts as a linux sale now.
Xpander Nov 25, 2018
Quoting: chancho_zombiehey guys !! I just bought Dirt 4 and it runs really well on Steam Play. I'm getting well over 60fps on medium settings with this rather weak card (rx460). Anyone interested in creating a League? remember that with Steam Play it counts as a linux sale now.

Not me, sadly DiRT 4 is not the DiRT Rally (Waiting for DiRT Rally 2, hope feral ports it). Its more arcade game and with boring tracks. But feel free to create a League if there are people who have this.
Koopacabras Nov 25, 2018
Quoting: Xpander
Quoting: chancho_zombiehey guys !! I just bought Dirt 4 and it runs really well on Steam Play. I'm getting well over 60fps on medium settings with this rather weak card (rx460). Anyone interested in creating a League? remember that with Steam Play it counts as a linux sale now.

Not me, sadly DiRT 4 is not the DiRT Rally (Waiting for DiRT Rally 2, hope feral ports it). Its more arcade game and with boring tracks. But feel free to create a League if there are people who have this.

it has an arcade mode and a simulation mode?? so the simulation is not simulation.
Skully Nov 25, 2018
@Xpander Yeah I need to get a bit better still to beat you if you make no mistakes. A flawless run is pretty rare though I guess.

@chancho_zombie I got the game, played it a little. I would try it in a league and have a go. Maybe that will make me enjoy it more.

@tuubi That filter thing is funny. Before I got my wheel, I kinda did the same at first. I actually think I was better at the game with the controller. I remember giving Xpander more of a challenge. Maybe he got just got better tho. /shrugs
Skully Nov 25, 2018
@chancho_zombie It does have simulation mode, but it still doesn't feel right like dirt rally. I have been told that if you look past that and play it a good 5 hours at least, that you will get used to it, and it feels great. So my plan is to give it a really good go before I go uninstalling it.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.