Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
WD Green drives aren't so bad!
Page: «3/3
  Go to:
BlackBloodRum Sep 17, 2021
Quoting: omicron-bMaybe they do, the system would just work though, and remind you to activate it from time to time. Also, you won't be able to customize any looks.
This just confirms that they're after your data now, not just your money.
Oh I see. I'll have to go see how to download windows without a key, I can predict it being a confusing experience due to my lack of windows skills .

Btw: Never trust Microsoft.. just saying. They've been after your data since Win8, even back porting some stuff to Win7. That's why I'm glad I left back before Vista came out, never looked back.

Quoting: The_AquabatMy WD green didn't die but I decided to retire it, now I bought another one exactly the same just newer model. Guess what? it's was supposed to be brand new, but it had already like 10k power on hours, the seller scammed me (it was a hardware shop) and he insisted that the hdd was brand new. SCAMMER
Wow.. that really sucks. Some countries (such as UK) will allow you to return the drive under a consumer rights act (Online or offline purchase) due to mis-sold products.

Check your local laws, you may be able to force a refund from them due to false advertising and mis-selling.
wvstolzing Sep 17, 2021
Quoting: BlackBloodRumNow having fun discussing the drive with Seagate whom insist I put it in a windows computer to see if it "really has problems" since they "don't support linux" - I don't even have a windows computer..

All the more absurd, considering that they sell the IronWolf as the 'NAS Drive'.

The # of NASs that run on windoze isn't *that* big.
Koopacabras Sep 18, 2021
Quoting: BlackBloodRumWow.. that really sucks. Some countries (such as UK) will allow you to return the drive under a consumer rights act (Online or offline purchase) due to mis-sold products.

Check your local laws, you may be able to force a refund from them due to false advertising and mis-selling.
yeah If I wanted I could return it, but I decided since the seller will give a 3 year warranty and I have already transfered everything to the new drive (I'm too lazy) so I decided to keep it. It still has a good chunk of power on hours left on it.
I bought it so cheap that the whole thing of transfering everything again it's not just worthwhile for now, maybe in a few months when I'm the mood I will. I basically payed like 30 dollars for it, for now I don't want to go through all the hdd cloning for such that small amount of $$.

Last edited by Koopacabras on 18 September 2021 at 5:13 am UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.