Testing new Mesa ACO shader compiler for AMD
Page: «7/11»
  Go to:
Koopacabras Jul 18, 2019
Quoting: Shmerl
Quoting: sr_ls_boySince we are discussing llvm, I'm looking for a way to add a suffix to the name of the targets.
For example, clang would be renamed clang-32. To do this with autotools you would add the
option, --program-suffix=-32. But I haven't figured out how to do this with cmake.

Why do you need clang though? For Mesa you only need libllvm.

Quoting: chancho_zombieoff-topic, but anyone tried AMDVLK from github recently?? with the latest pull I got a 5 fps increment in Shadow of the TR which is a lot considering the total average fps is 45

I haven't used it in a while, since radv became very good. But I can try building it again and compare with aco.

I've tested other games and it's only in Shadow of the Tomb Raider that I'm noticing that increment. Anyway it would be interesting to know if it happens for you as well, you can download the Shadow of the TR demo and test with that.
Shmerl Jul 19, 2019
Interesting results. Using aco, vs Mesa master vs latest amdvlk in TW3 with dxvk master, aco was actually behind this time, but slightly.

radv/aco:

radv/llvm:

amdvlk:

That's just framerates, I didn't really analyze stutter.
Shmerl Jul 21, 2019
Just tested Mesa-aco with Star Citizen (see the thread. It works, but the game crashes during quantum flight. Does it work for anyone?
sr_ls_boy Jul 21, 2019
How did you get Star Citizen? Did you pay for it with no contracts?
Shmerl Jul 21, 2019
Quoting: sr_ls_boyHow did you get Star Citizen? Did you pay for it with no contracts?

Just pledged for the starter Aurora package.
lod Jul 22, 2019
Quoting: GuestIt runs shamelessly brilliant now, I am totally intrigued. After the initial very low shader stutters, the game runs like a charm. FPS is still borked by the game itself, lacking optimization but that is for most windows users as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw7FQNMsbxw
Is it just as slow in Windows?
Koopacabras Jul 22, 2019
Quoting: ShmerlInteresting results. Using aco, vs Mesa master vs latest amdvlk in TW3 with dxvk master, aco was actually behind this time, but slightly.

that confirms what I suspected, there were some improvements in AMDVLK.
Shmerl Jul 22, 2019
Yes, amdvlk has improved. but that's just for framerate, I didn't measure stutter levels vs radv/aco.
massatt212 Jul 23, 2019
you guys should try AMDGPU pro driver 19.20, shaders compile so fast but some games has graphical bugs like unreal engine 4 games, its almost stutter free
Shmerl Jul 23, 2019
Quoting: LinuxwarperMy small tests:

TALOS Principle: 75.6 - 76.4(ACO)
The Witcher 3: 77 - 82 (ACO)
PREY (demo) : 69 - 73 (ACO)

General note: Games stuttered alot without ACO when running for first time or when they had not been played for a while. To a point games would freeze a frame briefly. With ACO the stuttering was noticeably less to say the least.

Please post hardware specs and screenshots with HUDs for better visibility. Thanks!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.