Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Would you help with game testing?
Page: 1/3»
  Go to:
Power-Metal-Games Oct 7, 2019
Hi
Is there someone who would like to help testing my game? The game is not published yet. It will still be in development for 1-2 moths, but the demo is finished and polished.
Game is completely done on Linux, so for the moment it's the only package that's ready. :D
Salvatos Oct 7, 2019
I don’t have much time to commit, myself, but it might help if you described the game a little :)
Power-Metal-Games Oct 7, 2019
Quoting: SalvatosI don’t have much time to commit, myself, but it might help if you described the game a little :)

Thank you!
This is my very fist game, although I have a lot of experience with game development because I worked as a freelancer for other people.
The game is 2.5D platformer where you drive a (sci-fi) drone through some mysterious ruins the crew of the spaceship from the Earth found on an another planet without any sign of life.

I hope it's enough as a description. I will need a month or two to finish it completely and testing should not be public. The game is on itch.io. The demo is not long, so not too much time is needed but I hope that anybody who tries it will enjoy it.

PS: Nice profile picture ^_^
MrNilsson Oct 8, 2019
Hey, first of all good luck with your project. I would love to test your game and give you some feedback.

Btw I'm not a big fan of metal music, but I was able to get to know the band Manowar about 18 years ago. I was working at a restaurant at this time, and I was responsible for their table. Pretty cool guys ^_^
Power-Metal-Games Oct 8, 2019
Quoting: MrNilssonHey, first of all good luck with your project. I would love to test your game and give you some feedback.

Btw I'm not a big fan of metal music, but I was able to get to know the band Manowar about 18 years ago. I was working at a restaurant at this time, and I was responsible for their table. Pretty cool guys ^_^

Wow! That's so cool!
Yes, Manowar was always my most favorite group.
But the game is not about metal music. I sent you the key to pm. Thank you very much for willing to help! I hope you will enjoy it.
thoughtfulhippo Oct 8, 2019
If you need anyone else, I'd be interested in helping out. The game description sounds quite intriguing - I'm a sucker for space / sci-fi themes!

I can test on multiple distros, and have NVIDIA or Intel GPUs.
Quoting: thoughtfulhippoIf you need anyone else, I'd be interested in helping out. The game description sounds quite intriguing - I'm a sucker for space / sci-fi themes!

I can test on multiple distros, and have NVIDIA or Intel GPUs.

Thank you very much! I sent you the key in PM. ^_^
damarrin Oct 8, 2019
Manowar are awesome. Good luck with your game. :-)
Quoting: damarrinManowar are awesome. Good luck with your game. :-)

Thank you! :D
tuubi Oct 8, 2019
I've beta tested a few games before, and although I'm not sure I can currently find the time to do it properly, I could at least give it a spin to see that it behaves on AMD+Mesa as well if that would be helpful.

Of course, Liam has been known to test games and he's a space nerd. It couldn't hurt to ask him directly. He might help you get a bit of hype going as well. And Samsai's usually happy to give any (SFW) Linux game a go in his Friday Twitch streams as soon as you feel there's a bit of gameplay to show off.
phalen Oct 8, 2019
im up for giving it a go.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.