Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Would you help with game testing?
Page: «2/3»
  Go to:
Power-Metal-Games Oct 8, 2019
Quoting: tuubiI've beta tested a few games before, and although I'm not sure I can currently find the time to do it properly, I could at least give it a spin to see that it behaves on AMD+Mesa as well if that would be helpful.

Of course, Liam has been known to test games and he's a space nerd. It couldn't hurt to ask him directly. He might help you get a bit of hype going as well. And Samsai's usually happy to give any (SFW) Linux game a go in his Friday Twitch streams as soon as you feel there's a bit of gameplay to show off.

I'm sending you the key...
Well, this is a demo for the moment. It contains few levels only, but people are telling me that it's not that easy to play it when you just begin and some levels demands that you already mastered the mechanics.
I didn't think to put it in front of the public yet. I would like to finish it first. I don't know if it's a good idea to give it for playing on twitch or to Liam to write about it. I hope that I would need 1 or 2 months to finish everything so, it's not so long I think.
Quoting: phalenim up for giving it a go.

Thank you! I sent you the key also..
Cyril Oct 8, 2019
Ok I'm in for some testing too. I didn't do that before.
Quoting: CyrilOk I'm in for some testing too. I didn't do that before.

Of course! I sent you the key :)
dpanter Oct 9, 2019
Sounds interesting, I'm always up for testing!

Btw, join the GoL Discord perhaps? Link at the top menu here. :)
Cyril Oct 10, 2019
I started a first game and the game itself works very well. I just had one small freeze.
It consumes around 25% of my CPU, maybe it's a bit high but no issues except that.
The controls are really uncommon, but once you're used to it it's OK.

I stupidly died at 266 coins, will retry it again!
Power-Metal-Games Oct 13, 2019
Quoting: CyrilI started a first game and the game itself works very well. I just had one small freeze.
It consumes around 25% of my CPU, maybe it's a bit high but no issues except that.
The controls are really uncommon, but once you're used to it it's OK.

I stupidly died at 266 coins, will retry it again!

Thank you very much! I forgot to check this thread in last few days.
Can you just tell me about the freeze that happened? Was it total freeze or it was temporary?
CPU % depends a little of how your OS scales frequency. But the game really should not use a lot of CPU.

Yes, the controls exactly are what should make the game different in this case. :) And it's really possible to master it so well like I did while making and testing it that a lot of people that tried the game complained about difficulty that I put in obstacles on 3th and 4th level :D That will be fixed too.
Quoting: dpanterSounds interesting, I'm always up for testing!

Btw, join the GoL Discord perhaps? Link at the top menu here. :)

Sorry I forgot to check this thread... I sent you the key in PM.
Thank you very much!

EDIT: Yes, I will join Discord but when I finish the game. I needed this first wave of testing to crystallize to check about first impressions and now I know what I should do. When it's finally ready, I will need some people to tell me again did I do everything correctly. :)
Cyril Oct 13, 2019
Quoting: Power-Metal-GamesThank you very much! I forgot to check this thread in last few days.
Can you just tell me about the freeze that happened? Was it total freeze or it was temporary?
CPU % depends a little of how your OS scales frequency. But the game really should not use a lot of CPU.

It was only temporary.
Quoting: CyrilIt was only temporary.

Ok!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.