Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Cyberpunk 2077 in Wine
Page: «7/30»
  Go to:
Julius Dec 21, 2020
Quoting: Liam Dawe
Quoting: scaineEarly Access for a AAA game is a disgrace.
Is it though? Done properly, it could be quite interesting to have a huge game by a big studio built up in the open over time. As long as people know it's Early Access it would be fine wouldn't it?

Like Star Citizen?

I think it gives the wrong incentives to management of such AAA projects. That way they will just try to find ways to milk cash from an incomplete game.

For small indie studios, I can see that as a necessary trade-off, but a AAA title from a big studio usually has no problem getting the money needed for development and while this certainly also leads to some undesirable side effects (catering to the the largest possible audience to please investors), it is still better than the above alternative.
Liam Dawe Dec 21, 2020
Quoting: JuliusLike Star Citizen?
Well, good point but you could pull up a "bad apple" for anything though.
CatKiller Dec 21, 2020
Quoting: Liam DaweWell, good point but you could pull up a "bad apple" for anything though.
The issue with incremental content creation for others is that it's giving you the last page of a whodunit before the other pages are finished. No one wants to hear rough mixes with click tracks in, for a different analogy.

Incremental development of game engines works really well, but you generally need some mystery and surprise, and completeness, for game content. It's just not as good a fit. The more story-heavy the content, the less of a good fit it is.

Last edited by CatKiller on 21 December 2020 at 2:49 pm UTC
Arehandoro Dec 21, 2020
Just got to the tutorial. So far, with everythinng in ultra at 2K resolution the FPS are between 40 and 50. Much, much better that I was expecting :D
14 Dec 21, 2020
I just submitted my Proton report a bit ago saying that mesa-git is no longer required. Arch released mesa 20.3.1 and I tested Cyperpunk on it today and was extremely happy to see textures and everything loaded! On mesa 20.3.0, textures were all black and pretty shapeless. Completely unplayable. mesa-git had solved that, but I don't think it's needed anymore! You can run stable mesa release.
Arehandoro Dec 22, 2020
Quoting: 14I just submitted my Proton report a bit ago saying that mesa-git is no longer required. Arch released mesa 20.3.1 and I tested Cyperpunk on it today and was extremely happy to see textures and everything loaded! On mesa 20.3.0, textures were all black and pretty shapeless. Completely unplayable. mesa-git had solved that, but I don't think it's needed anymore! You can run stable mesa release.

That's fantastic! I'll try tonight and remove mesa-git on fedora to see if that also changes for me :)

EDIT: Yep, it also works with mesa 20.2.6 from the fedora repos.

Last edited by Arehandoro on 22 December 2020 at 5:32 pm UTC
ikiruto Jan 5, 2021
-qualityLevel=ConsoleEarlyNextGenQuality
On the RTX 2060, FPS has grown significantly with this launch setting. Checking.

It seems to preload the preset with some hidden settings. When you enter the game, the FPS really falls. You need to go to the settings and apply your own. FPS becomes higher without FidelityFX 85% than with it.

The screenshot shows the hardest place for a video card in the initial locations. In other locations, more than 60 fps.
https://ibb.co/nR7Hx7h
https://ibb.co/dbZLZdd

Spoiler, click me
Low
Medium
High
Ultra
RTXMedium
RTXUltra
Cinematic
Cinematic_RTX
CinematicEXR
CinematicEXR_RTX
SafeMode
Console
ConsolePro
ConsoleEarlyNextGen
ConsoleEarlyNextGenQuality
GeForceNow
IconsGeneration
Auto

Last edited by ikiruto on 5 January 2021 at 6:37 pm UTC
Shmerl Jan 5, 2021
It's interesting that there is an undocumented command line parameter but they didn't give an in-game option for that. Is it because this feature is unstable? What else changes besides the framerate when you use it?
ikiruto Jan 5, 2021
Quoting: ShmerlIt's interesting that there is an undocumented command line parameter but they didn't give an in-game option for that. Is it because this feature is unstable? What else changes besides the framerate when you use it?
Graphic bugs in the sky. Therefore, they did not include it. :)
ikiruto Jan 7, 2021
-qualityLevel=ConsoleEarlyNextGen
-qualityLevel=ConsoleEarlyNextGenQuality

Reduces rendering resolution to 1600x900.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.