Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Cyberpunk 2077 in Wine
Page: «8/30»
  Go to:
Pangaea Jan 29, 2021
The launch has basically been an epic disaster, but out of interest: for those who have it, does it work on Linux?

Have they fixed some of the most egregious bugs?
Shmerl Jan 29, 2021
It works, but some things like spatial audio still need upstreaming to regular Wine to play it well. And you need AMD GPU (it kind of works with Nvidia, but it's unstable).

I'm not playing it yet though. Still waiting to get that Sapphire Pulse RX 6800 XT for better performance but with massive GPU shortages they are impossible to find anywhere.

Though by the time cards will be available, they'll also patch the game more and Wine will get spatial audio support, so no need to rush it.

Last edited by Shmerl on 7 February 2021 at 5:23 am UTC
Pangaea Jan 29, 2021
Thanks. Sounds like a good idea to postpone getting it. Wouldn't play on my current rig anyway, and can't afford to upgrade right now. Let's hope the game will be in a more stable position in 6-12 months. Took a while with Witcher 3 too.
Arehandoro Feb 5, 2021
Quoting: PangaeaThe launch has basically been an epic disaster, but out of interest: for those who have it, does it work on Linux?

Have they fixed some of the most egregious bugs?

I started it last week, and so far has been a blast. Sure, it has issues but in general is a great game. It could have been better though. My rig is a Ryzen 2500 and RX5700 and can play with high settings at 2K getting +40FPS all the time.
Arehandoro Feb 9, 2021
Quoting: ShmerlSpatial audio was upstreamed!

https://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/commit/7e64247a6ef3664a603bd9d2dd47f46d24713f9d

It just got updated in fedora today, and the difference it's abysmal! Much more enjoyable now.

Now, saying I got +40FPS... apparently only until I got the heist, the frames crawled like a snail there lol
Shmerl Feb 16, 2021
Trying to run the game with latest Wine staging, it's getting stuck.

0164:fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (000000003110FE10 0000000000000000): stub
0174:err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
0024:err:sync:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 000000007BC67540 "dlls/ntdll/loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 0024, blocked by 0174, retrying (60 sec)

Last edited by Shmerl on 16 February 2021 at 11:58 pm UTC
Shmerl Feb 17, 2021
It launches OK with regular Wine, so it's a staging problem.

Working sounds is nice!

Last edited by Shmerl on 17 February 2021 at 12:06 am UTC
Arehandoro Feb 24, 2021
Earlier in the week I realised that the radios in the vehicles wouldn't sound for me, even with the new fixes introduced in latest Proton. If someone has the same issue, I fixed it installing pipewire instead of pulse audio. This is what I did in fedora, in other distros it's similar, and as usual in the Arch wiki there is nice info about it https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PipeWire:

sudo dnf install --allowerasing piepewire pipewire-pulseaudio pipeline-gstreamer pipewire-alsa
sudo systemctl --user restart pipewire-pulse.service

Now driving is much more enjoyable, and the OST with lots hard rock and electronic is banging!

Edit: I also installed Alsa for legacy apps and gstreamer for video.

Last edited by Arehandoro on 24 February 2021 at 12:31 am UTC
Shmerl Feb 24, 2021
Quoting: ArehandoroEarlier in the week I realised that the radios in the vehicles wouldn't sound for me, even with the new fixes introduced in latest Proton.

Can you report this bug to Wine developers please?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.