Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Cyberpunk 2077 in Wine
Page: «13/30»
  Go to:
Arehandoro Aug 11, 2021
Quoting: recaffeinated
Quoting: PangaeaHave you been able to play a fair bit of the game? Most of what I read about it is.. not good :-/

I really enjoyed it. Probably give it 8/10. I played about 95 hours of it. On PC the bugs have mostly been ironed out. The combat is satisfying and the plot is ok, even if the main story line is a little short. The city feels big, and there's plenty to do.

So happy to read a comment like this. I feel in the same way. It could be better, of course, but has plenty of details everywhere to enjoy and recreate us.

Do you think that the people that were closest to the development updates and news sites are the ones that felt disappointed the most due to a build of hype?
Shmerl Aug 11, 2021
I like the story so far. What did people not like about it?
Pangaea Aug 12, 2021
Quoting: recaffeinated
Quoting: PangaeaHave you been able to play a fair bit of the game? Most of what I read about it is.. not good :-/

I really enjoyed it. Probably give it 8/10. I played about 95 hours of it. On PC the bugs have mostly been ironed out. The combat is satisfying and the plot is ok, even if the main story line is a little short. The city feels big, and there's plenty to do.
Thanks. One of the things I've read by people, is that the city feels kinda dead and empty.

I'm not sure how much I would actually enjoy it. Have mixed feelings about the setting and stuff I've read. If they surprised everybody and released a native Linux version, I'd definitely buy it, but that's not happening in a thousand years. And as it is, it feels kinda wrong to give CDPR money. Maybe my view will change in the future. Plus, I can't really run the damn thing anyway, so no point right now
Shmerl Aug 12, 2021
About city being empty - just personal experience, it depends on the city district. Some places are pretty crowded, others like industrial area (Northside) are pretty empty which I suppose makes sense. I didn't explore it much yet though.

Last edited by Shmerl on 12 August 2021 at 7:56 pm UTC
Pangaea Aug 12, 2021
Quoting: ShmerlToo bad there is no good way to turn off the HUD in the game for taking screenshots.
Hopefully there will eventually be mods for that, like for TW3 (tho that one has a way to do it in-game too, thankfully).
Arehandoro Aug 12, 2021
Quoting: ShmerlI like the story so far. What did people not like about it?

I think the main complaint wasn't that the city was empty from people, but from things to do. In comparison with The Witcher 3, GTA V, or many other open world games, Night City doesn't have bars to play pool, or any other game, there aren't places to modify your car, or your character or clothes (you can change them but not alter them) and many other things that in a futuristic game like Cyberpunk could be done.
Shmerl Aug 12, 2021
That's a good point. I didn't explore it that much to confirm.
Shmerl Aug 22, 2021
So far I don't feel like it's empty, I've been playing it for a while and it feels pretty good overall.
Shmerl Aug 26, 2021
One of the arcade machines in the game

Last edited by Shmerl on 26 August 2021 at 2:41 pm UTC
Shmerl Sep 3, 2021
Hahaha, this dialogue with the street food vendor:

Last edited by Shmerl on 3 September 2021 at 8:31 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.