Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Cyberpunk 2077 in Wine
Page: «14/30»
  Go to:
whizse Sep 4, 2021
Quoting: ShmerlHahaha, this dialogue with the street food vendor:
[...]
Ah yes, "nice ring to it". Reminds me of this joke from Carpe Jugulum:

"There'd be a Chlamydia Weaver toddling around today if her mother hadn't hadn't suddenly decided that Sally was easier to spell."

(RIP TP)
Shmerl Oct 4, 2021
I tried to run the game with RADV_PERFTEST=rt to check how ray tracing performs with RX 6800 XT (since apparently radv already supports it in some early form?). But the game doesn't allow turning it on. May be vkd3d-proton isn't supporting ray tracing yet? I have a relatively recent build of it.

I've seen posts before that it was work in progress but I don't know what's the current status.

Last edited by Shmerl on 4 October 2021 at 8:33 pm UTC
Shmerl Oct 4, 2021
Hm, found a ticket, looks like it's still a major WIP: https://github.com/HansKristian-Work/vkd3d-proton/issues/154
Shmerl Oct 13, 2021
Sandstorm in the badlands

scaine Oct 13, 2021
There's a brilliant mission that finishes with an awesome sandstorm, out in the nomad region. You know, I'm really enjoying this playthrough of Cyberpunk. Not sure if it's FSR giving me a solid 60fps at 4K, or if it's the 1.3 patch, but it's a LOT of fun, some really good missions. I'm even digging the story a bit more.
Shmerl Oct 13, 2021
With 6800 XT I get a solid 70-80 fps at 2560x1440 and I'm also enjoying it, a really good game!

I know what you are talking about - finished that quest with Panam, it's really good!

I wish those sandstorms would be more impactful and dangerous though, something like in Damnation Alley may be (if you haven't read the novel - it's really good, a classic of the genre).

Last edited by Shmerl on 13 October 2021 at 9:34 am UTC
Shmerl Oct 13, 2021
Btw, finally I figured out how to add Yaiba Kusanagi "Mizuchi" to V's garage.

1. Get Cyber Engine Tweaks mod here: Tweaks mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/107

2. To enable, unpack in game directory (so plugins/ and version.dll should go under x64)

3. Add library override (with winecfg let's say) for "version" (native, builtin).

4. Start the game and it will ask you to set key binding for the command console. Use ~ for example since it's a common one for them.

5. And finally add Yaiba Kusanagi "Mizuchi" (red color custom Yaiba Kusanagi often used by Tyger Claws) for V as following:

vs = Game.GetVehicleSystem()
  vs:EnablePlayerVehicle("Vehicle.v_sportbike1_yaiba_kusanagi_tyger_player", true, false)

Enjoy your ride that you can now remotely call and it won't despawn randomly

Some screenshots:

Last edited by Shmerl on 13 October 2021 at 9:43 am UTC
Beamboom Oct 14, 2021
Quoting: scaineYou know, I'm really enjoying this playthrough of Cyberpunk. Not sure if it's FSR giving me a solid 60fps at 4K, or if it's the 1.3 patch, but it's a LOT of fun, some really good missions. I'm even digging the story a bit more.

I so intensely agree. This game pulled me in from the very first scene and onwards. It's the best game experience I've had in quite a few years, second to none.

I think the city has an amazing vibe of LIFE to it. And wonderfully complex, it's not just blocks of obstacles to race past, but feels like a *real* city.

I too could wish there was more "mini games" and stuff to do - I particularly miss a hairdresser, I mean come on - but the amount of side missions makes up for it aplenty. If I had to choose - if I could not have both - I'd much much rather have this amount of small missions rather than mini games scattered around the map. It makes the gameplay more focused.

But yeah - overall I am a HUGE fan of this game. In my opinion they've now taken over the throne from Bioware as far as character driven action RPGs are concerned.

Last edited by Beamboom on 14 October 2021 at 7:13 am UTC
Shmerl Oct 14, 2021
Quoting: BeamboomBut yeah - overall I am a HUGE fan of this game. In my opinion they've now taken over the throne from Bioware as far as character driven action RPGs are concerned.

I thought the Witcher 3 was already unsurpassed, but CP2077 is very good indeed. Not sure if as good as TW3, but I enjoy it regardless.

Last edited by Shmerl on 14 October 2021 at 10:04 pm UTC
Beamboom Oct 15, 2021
Quoting: Shmerl
Quoting: BeamboomBut yeah - overall I am a HUGE fan of this game. In my opinion they've now taken over the throne from Bioware as far as character driven action RPGs are concerned.

I thought the Witcher 3 was already unsurpassed, but CP2077 is very good indeed. Not sure if as good as TW3, but I enjoy it regardless.

I'm 100% with you. Witcher 3 was the game I completed right before I started on CP2077 (I came late to that party) and W3 was amazing. I was totally blown away by it.

And I say that as a guy who's not into fantasy themed settings at all. Like, I grow tired of those settings so fast. But here I just HAD to complete it and enjoyed every miuote of it. Amazing game.

But it only makes the comparison with Bioware better. Witcher and Cyberpunk are their Dragon Age and Mass Effect.

In regards to W3 it "objectively speaking" is probably the better game due to it feeling more complete and much larger (I was surprised over how fast the main campaign was over in CP). It's just that the Cyberpunk setting is so endlessly much more within my preferences. I really love that city and of course the characters. And the gun play/action. And the skill tree system. And the implants and the hacking. And the stories. And the stealth. And the... Whole package, really.

One can only imagine: CP2077 is their very first game in this franchise. A game where their ambitions almost killed it. Now one can only imagine what they've managed to realise of ambitions with the next Cyberpunk, giving them a few more years of development. I think we have absolutely every reason to look forward to that.

Last edited by Beamboom on 15 October 2021 at 10:09 am UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.