Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Cyberpunk 2077 in Wine
Page: «15/30»
  Go to:
Shmerl Oct 15, 2021
Yeah, I agree. It's a great combination of allowing multiple play styles. And besides interesting main story, some side quests and different parts of the world are hilarious. I like talking to food vendors especially, they always have something funny to say

Last edited by Shmerl on 15 October 2021 at 8:55 pm UTC
Shmerl Oct 18, 2021
My current V's look and equipment

Shmerl Nov 7, 2021
Tested with that Mesa change. Looks like some framerate improvement!

Before the change:

After the change:

Last edited by Shmerl on 7 November 2021 at 6:05 am UTC
Shmerl Nov 8, 2021
Nice, KWin developers pushed a fix for adaptive sync in the Wayland session that fixed spikes in CP2077!

So I'll likely try to switch to the Wayland session in the upcoming Plasma 5.23.3.

Last edited by Shmerl on 8 November 2021 at 7:59 am UTC
Arehandoro Nov 9, 2021
Reading your comments about the game is making me want to play it again :D
Shmerl Nov 9, 2021
This is about CP2077 :)

https://themaister.net/blog/2021/11/07/my-personal-hell-of-translating-dxil-to-spir-v-part-3/

QuoteAnother “nice” side effect of using mutable was that some GPU hangs went away. If the game used the wrong descriptor type, it seemed to at least not read a descriptor that pointed to already freed memory, but rather just a descriptor of wrong type. Somehow, this helped certain games to run around the time the extension was released. It is deeply disturbing that games can ship in this state. :\

Last edited by Shmerl on 9 November 2021 at 10:15 pm UTC
Shmerl Nov 9, 2021
Quoting: ArehandoroReading your comments about the game is making me want to play it again :D

I'm gradually completing all side quests to also finish the boxing quest line, and then I'll focus on finishing the main story (I'm at the point where V needs to meet with Hanako).

Last edited by Shmerl on 9 November 2021 at 10:15 pm UTC
Beamboom Nov 10, 2021
I need to return to this game again sometime soon. It's just too fun. And I read here and there about details along the way that I somehow missed, that I really want to see.

I've since then played and finished Deus Ex Mankind Divided (to get some more cyberpunk) and am currently playing Horizon Zero Dawn. Fun games in each their ways, but they're no CP2077.
Arehandoro Nov 10, 2021
Quoting: Shmerl
Quoting: ArehandoroReading your comments about the game is making me want to play it again :D

I'm gradually completing all side quests to also finish the boxing quest line, and then I'll focus on finishing the main story (I'm at the point where V needs to meet with Hanako).

Never managed to pass even the first boxing fight lol
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.