Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Cyberpunk 2077 in Wine
Page: «17/30»
  Go to:
Shmerl Feb 16, 2022
Did anyone try patch 1.5? The game crashes on startup for me.
scaine Feb 16, 2022
Quoting: ShmerlDid anyone try patch 1.5? The game crashes on startup for me.

A few folk on Discord have noted the same. But works fine for me.

If it helps, I'm still using Proton 6.20-GE-1, with the following launch command:

mangohud PULSE_LATENCY_MSEC=40 WINE_FULLSCREEN_FSR=1 gamemoderun %command%
Shmerl Feb 16, 2022
I notice a strange thing. Right after a fresh system boot - it starts fine. Trying to run the game the second time causes a crash.
scaine Feb 16, 2022
Quoting: ShmerlI notice a strange thing. Right after a fresh system boot - it starts fine. Trying to run the game the second time causes a crash.

That makes no sense. Is there still a wine process lagging behind after exiting the game, maybe??
Shmerl Feb 16, 2022
Quoting: scaineThat makes no sense. Is there still a wine process lagging behind after exiting the game, maybe??

It's indeed weird. I tried to clean all such processes, no luck. I'll dig a bit more when I'll have time. May be the game leaves some weird state.

Last edited by Shmerl on 16 February 2022 at 5:15 pm UTC
Xpander Feb 17, 2022
1.5 GoG version works without issues for me. Well except poor perf on pascal. Can get stable 60 with medium/high mix and 1440p FSR on Quality though. Played 2 hours yesterday, zero crashes so far. wine-staging 7.1 lastest VKD3D from master.
Shmerl Feb 17, 2022
Quoting: Xpander1.5 GoG version works without issues for me. Well except poor perf on pascal. Can get stable 60 with medium/high mix and 1440p FSR on Quality though. Played 2 hours yesterday, zero crashes so far. wine-staging 7.1 lastest VKD3D from master.

Interesting. I'm on Wine staging 7.2. I've read that crash happens on Windows too and is related to audio.
Xpander Feb 17, 2022
Quoting: ShmerlInteresting. I'm on Wine staging 7.2. I've read that crash happens on Windows too and is related to audio.

Hmm, no audio issues noticed. I have tkg wine build with fshack and fsync stuff if that makes any difference. windows version set to 10 in winecfg (that was default), using pipewire if that makes any difference. Sound worked well also, didnt notice anything missing or broken in terms of audio.
Shmerl Feb 17, 2022
I'm using stock Wine-staging + latest vkd3d-proton and Pipewire too. Also Windows 10 in the prefix.

Last edited by Shmerl on 17 February 2022 at 9:22 am UTC
Xpander Feb 17, 2022
The only issue i noticed is that button prompts in game were all controller ones, even when my steam controller was off. But the keyboard buttons still worked, just visual prompts showed as controller. But that could be some weird detection method, maybe my steam controller dongle makes it think controller is still attached.
I could share my wine build if you want but its compiled for Arch, so i dunno if it will work with other distros.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.