Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Laptop capable of DP-MST (daisy chaning) on Linux?
Guppy May 15, 2020
Does anyone have a working setup using DP-MST from their lap top ? if so what chipset are you using?

Been eying the new Ryzen 7 4xxx laptops, but I'd rather not spend money on it unless it works ( kinda doubt they will take it back if I've replaced the factory default windows 10 ;) )

Background:
I spendt hours trying get an old Lenovo T440s to work with my dual Dell U2415 's I discovered that the "Link Training Unsuccessful" and "fifo underrun on pipe B" (and C) has been around for atleast 4 years for the i915 driver and with no fix. most anoyingly it *sometimes* works, but mostly the laptop thinks it's working and the monitors says "no signal" - even if I connect it to just one monitor with DP 1.2 disabled. oh yeah and having the DP cable connected at boot means ubuntu 20.04 never gets past the boot spinner even if you disconnect the cable :S

Last edited by Guppy on 15 May 2020 at 7:24 am UTC
damarrin May 15, 2020
I have nothing to say on topic, but if you're worried you may want to return it, you should clone the drive with e.g. clonezilla before you even turn on the computer for the first time and just clone it back if needed.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.