You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Weird Steam update?
Salvatos May 26, 2020
Steam just installed an update that prevented it from logging into my account. I started it in offline mode, then restarted to go online and it took about a minute to finally do so. It briefly showed a warning about receiving a message from a user not on my friends list, but that vanished. I don’t see any news about a client update releasing today.

Any idea what is going on?
Dragunov May 26, 2020
No issues here, I'm using Steam on Linux Mint as well and everything seems normal. Maybe try a fresh steam client install?
Science May 27, 2020
In general, they do server maintenance on Tuesdays, which can explain the problems connecting to the server.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.