Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Looking for a Motherboard for my i7-7700 cpu any Recommendations?
fires Jun 14, 2020
Looking for a Motherboard for my i7-7700 cpu any Recommendations

Computer
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Memory 16338MB (6869MB used)
Machine Type Desktop
Operating System Peppermint 10 Ten
User Name tootoo (tootoo)
Date/Time So 14 Jun 2020 10:55:11 CEST
Display
Resolution 2560x1440 pixels
OpenGL Renderer GeForce GTX 1070/PCIe/SSE2
X11 Vendor The X.Org Foundation
Audio Devices
Audio Adapter HDA-Intel - HDA Intel PCH
Audio Adapter HDA-Intel - HDA NVidia

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I am intrastate in this MB But i an not sure if my CPU will work

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////

TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI)

ASUS TUF Z390-Plus Gaming LGA1151 (Intel 8th and 9th Gen) DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 Z390 ATX Motherboard with onboard 802.11ac WiFi and USB 3.1 Gen2

Designed for 9th and 8th generation Intel® Core™ processors to maximize connectivity and speed with dual M.2, Gigabit LAN, USB 3.1 Gen2
Military-Grade TUF Components like TUF LANGuard, TUF Chokes, TUF Capacitors, and TUF MOSFETs maximize system durability
Gamer’s Guardian with SafeSlot and FanXpert 4 provides hardware-level safeguards for maximum performance with dynamic system cooling
8-channel HD Gaming Audio with TUF Gaming Headphone featuring Realtek® S1200A high definition audio codec driven by Japanese capacitors for warm, immersive sound
ASUS OptiMem II improves memory stability and performance by improving trace isolation between PCB layers to maintain signal integrity even at higher frequencies
CatKiller Jun 14, 2020
Quoting: firesI am intrastate in this MB But i an not sure if my CPU will work

Asus say not.

Here are some that are compatible.
fires Jun 14, 2020
Quoting: CatKiller

Asus say not.

Thank u very much
fires Jun 17, 2020
Quoting: CatKiller

Asus say not.

I need some help with the list

some i cant find the price

for example the first motherboard it fit my needs

but no price and when looking on AMAZON i get i different number and a different motherboard

thanks
damarrin Jun 17, 2020
Well, a bunch of these may no longer be available. Try looking for one used?
fires Jun 18, 2020
CatKiller Jun 18, 2020
That's the same Z390 that you posted about before, so no, it won't work with the older processor.

Very old processors/motherboards (in the 90s) used to work cross-generation, and (some) Ryzens do, but in general - and particularly from Intel - a new generation of processor needs a new generation of motherboard, and a new generation of motherboard needs a new generation of processor.

If you don't already have a motherboard, and so likely don't already have RAM, you're going to find it much easier, and likely not much more expensive, to find a reasonable full Ryzen system that will perform much better, rather than scrabbling around trying to find a stash of discontinued kit.
fires Jun 19, 2020
Ok Thank u CatKiller

So what processor do i need for the same Z390 MOBO ???

Because i like this Z390 very nice

Thank u
damarrin Jun 19, 2020
damarrin Jun 19, 2020
BTW, somewhat contrary to what you said CatKiller, at least two gens of cpus are supported with this mobo. I'm not so sure about all the Celerons and Pentiums, I haven't been following those product lines.
fires Jun 28, 2020
Guys I Made it Very Very Happy with my New Build Please Fallow Link For Update :)

link

https://www.gamingonlinux.com/2020/06/what-have-you-been-playing-recently-and-whats-your-pick-this-weekend/comment_id=184902

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MPG-Z490-GAMING-EDGE-WIFI

Thank you

Last edited by fires on 28 June 2020 at 8:38 am UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.