Need a Vulkan benchmark?
Page: 1/3»
  Go to:
Vinouch Sep 9, 2020
Hello,
It's not a question. It's a suggest. If we want to use a dedicated app 3D graphic to benchmark with Vulkan renderer, we can use the Windows version of Unigine Superposition. With Wine, it will run with Vulkan/DXVK. Personally, I prefer use it than other solution to benchmark with Vulkan, until there is a native Vulkan benchmark dedicated app with beautiful graphism for Linux.

Last edited by Vinouch on 20 September 2020 at 10:24 am UTC
Koopacabras Sep 10, 2020
you can use 3dmark firestrike demo from steam also. Performance with DXVK is 30% less than windows in my experience.
Vinouch Sep 10, 2020
Quoting: Liam DaweWhat about https://www.basemark.com/benchmarks/basemark-gpu/
I don't trust Basemark at all. Because, it's Russian and on Windows it need to be run as admin and need internet to get results > best combination to put trojan.
Liam Dawe Sep 10, 2020
They're not Russian, their HQ is in Finland and frankly without any evidence saying such a thing is pretty tin-foil hat level <_<
Koopacabras Sep 10, 2020
imho basemark is biased towards Nvidia.
fires Sep 11, 2020
Quoting: Liam DaweWhat about https://www.basemark.com/benchmarks/basemark-gpu/

is this a GPU Benchmark ?

and witch one to download ?

thanks
Xpander Sep 11, 2020
Quoting: The_Aquabatimho basemark is biased towards Nvidia.

biased? link to the source?
or just checking by the scores? might be just driver things that it is using.. you cant really claim its biased towards if theres no actual proof.
Koopacabras Sep 11, 2020
Quoting: Xpander

or just checking by the scores? might be just driver things that it is using.. you cant really claim its biased towards if theres no actual proof.

I don't have proof it's based on my own experience just my opinion, besides why Phoronix doesn't include basemark in their normal benchmarks? Also I think it's a well known fact that Nvidia kind of "cheats" on benchmarks.

source: just google "nvidia cheating on benchmarks"

Last edited by Koopacabras on 11 September 2020 at 6:26 pm UTC
Xpander Sep 11, 2020
Quoting: The_Aquabat
Quoting: Xpander

I don't have proof it's based on my own experience just my opinion, besides why Phoronix doesn't include basemark in their normal benchmarks? Also I think it's a well known fact that Nvidia kind of "cheats" on benchmarks.

source: just google "nvidia cheating on benchmarks"

well i know nvidia is "cheating" on some benchmarks in the past, but i have not heard of thisone. so its just speculation. It doesn't autmatically mean its the case for Basemark. Benchmarks like these are synthetic anyway and doesn't translate to real gaming benchmarks anyway.
Koopacabras Sep 11, 2020
I agree I'm just speculating, but a reasonable speculation not something a pull out of thin air.
But to be fair AMD also cheated on some benchmarks in the past but with the opensource driver is more difficult to cheat.

Last edited by Koopacabras on 11 September 2020 at 6:44 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.