Need a Vulkan benchmark?
Page: «3/3
  Go to:
mylka Sep 19, 2020
what about https://www.geekbench.com/
it has a VULKAN bench if you run
./geekbench5 --compute Vulkan

EDIT: i just saw it has an error on my AMD card for 1 test
ERROR:src/geekbench/workload/compute_workload.cpp(111)] workload 221 failed validation

but with ACO it works fine... so use
RADV_PERFTEST=aco ./geekbench5 --compute Vulkan

Last edited by mylka on 19 September 2020 at 9:08 pm UTC
Duck Hunt-Pr0 Sep 19, 2020
Quoting: Vinouch..in order to adjust my overclocking.

Quoting: tuubiThese compute workloads aren't even remotely similar to how games or 3D graphics benchmarks make use of your GPU, so the results aren't very relevant. And the OP is specifically asking for a Vulkan benchmark.

I'm no expert in neither Vulkan nor GPU overclocking. So, could someone please explain to me how GPU overclocked performance might differ using Vulkan on a non-overclocked card, as opposed using Vulkan on an overclocked card?

- Are there some previously hidden Vulkan features that then suddenly become active?
- Does Vulkan perhaps suddenly do more levels of tessellation, if i overclocked my card?
- Does Vulkan perhaps suddenly do more sharper antialiasing, if i overclock?
- Does 2X texture scaling or filtering turn into 2.3X, with overclocking?
- Does Vulkan behave or react diffrerently from DirectX or OpenGL, with overclocking??
- Can i expect more than increased heat, powerconsumption, and computational speed from overclocking a GPU; Hopefully leading to faster frame rendering?

If the answer to either of those questions are 'No' , i'll refer back to my initial answer

Last edited by Duck Hunt-Pr0 on 20 September 2020 at 12:59 am UTC
tuubi Sep 20, 2020
Quoting: Duck Hunt-Pr0
Quoting: Vinouch..in order to adjust my overclocking.

Quoting: tuubiThese compute workloads aren't even remotely similar to how games or 3D graphics benchmarks make use of your GPU, so the results aren't very relevant. And the OP is specifically asking for a Vulkan benchmark.

I'm no expert in neither Vulkan nor GPU overclocking. So, could someone please explain to me how GPU overclocked performance might differ using Vulkan on a non-overclocked card, as opposed using Vulkan on an overclocked card?

- Are there some previously hidden Vulkan features that then suddenly become active?
- Does Vulkan perhaps suddenly do more levels of tessellation, if i overclocked my card?
- Does Vulkan perhaps suddenly do more sharper antialiasing, if i overclock?
- Does 2X texture scaling or filtering turn into 2.3X, with overclocking?
- Does Vulkan behave or react diffrerently from DirectX or OpenGL, with overclocking??
- Can i expect more than increased heat, powerconsumption, and computational speed from overclocking a GPU; Hopefully leading to faster frame rendering?

If the answer to either of those questions are 'No' , i'll refer back to my initial answer
No need to get snippy, friend.

My reply to you was not a personal attack. It was simply an observation that if overclocking makes your GPU 5% faster at a particular, focused compute benchmark, that might or might not correspond to a similar rise in game performance. Hell, it might mean that your games run 10% faster, or just 1%.

I think games or game-like benchmarks are the only realistic way to measure how much your overclocking actually helps games run better, if that is your goal. And even then you should test with several. Modern game/graphics engines are complex beasts, Vulkan or not, and their VRAM usage patterns, for example, are quite different from those of the benchmark you suggested.

And most importantly, this discussion is specifically about Vulkan benchmarks. Your suggestion was interesting, but maybe not that relevant. That was the entire point. No slight was intended.
Vinouch Sep 20, 2020
To avoid misunderstand, I edited my first post.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.