Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Monitor refresh rates - a call for feedback
Page: «4/4
  Go to:
damarrin Nov 13, 2020
The question right now is great. You use it or not, regardless of the reason.

It’s Liam who should decide if he wants more granular info for his stats, like I don’t like the name, I don’t like HDMI, my server doesn’t support it or whatever.
Liam Dawe Nov 13, 2020
Quoting: damarrinThe question right now is great. You use it or not, regardless of the reason.
Yeah, right now that's pretty much how we want it to be, so it doesn't overload users with lots of different types of answers.
furaxhornyx Nov 13, 2020
First, sorry to join in late, I just noticed this thread .

Quoting: MorguldirI have a G-Sync monitor, and a G-Sync enabled card, but i can't use it because NVIDIA only supports G-Sync for single monitor setups (it technically still works if the game covers all the monitors). I would like an option for it not being supported by the display server.

I am in the same boat. I have dual monitor setup, and my main monitor can display at 144Hz, 180Hz in overdrive mode. However, since my secondary monitor is capped at 75Hz, so is my main monitor... unless I disconnect my secondary monitor.

So, currently, I answered "refresh rate" at 75Hz, and "Using VRR" as sometimes, but the truth is, I am limited by the support in Linux, and not by my hardware capabilities.

I am not sure how to reflect this in the configuration survey, unless maybe duplicating questions, something like:

- Capable refresh rate: [List of rates]
- Capable VRR : Yes/No
- Used refresh rate: [List of rates]
- Used VRR: Yes/No/Sometimes
Liam Dawe Nov 13, 2020
Quoting: furaxhornyx- Capable VRR : Yes/No
Now that is something that might work here that keeps it simple while still giving more info. Will think a bit more on it. I just don't want it to be overly complicated but as shown, something like VRR is not simple...
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.