Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Cyberpunk - Ubntu 20.10 - Steam.
kibasnowpaw Dec 30, 2020
I just Streamed Cyberpunk and i think I got it running pretty stable had some Problem with the game freezing in the beginning.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/855063840

Gaming PC Spec:
          ★ Operating System: Ubuntu 20.10 64-bit.
          ★ Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core.
          ★ GPU: RTX 2070 SUPER.
          ★ MB: B450 TOMAHAWK MAX (MS-7C02).
          ★ Sound Card: Build-in.
          ★ PSU: Fractal Design - ION+660W.
          ★ CPU Deepcool CAPTAIN 240PRO V2
          ★ Monitor: BenQ - 24" - 240 Hz.
          ★ Monitor: LG - 21" - 75 Hz.
          ★ Muse: Logitech Gaming Mouse G502 (Hero).
          ★ Mousepad: GEAR XL.
          ★ Mic: AT2020 XLR.
          ★ Mixer: Yamaha AG03.
          ★ Ram: HyperX Fury Black 16GB
          ★ SSD: M.2 480GB Corsair Force MP510
Xpander Dec 30, 2020
recording fps looks kinda bad. what did you use to stream this?
i suggest using window capture feature and nvenc encoding for smoother video output.
capturing whole X screen when game is using your GPU to the max cuases weird stuttery video output.
kibasnowpaw Dec 30, 2020
I don't even think it's the recording fps i only run that game with max 40 FPS in low Settings and that's with proton. idk if it just runs badly on Ubuntu. PS. Besides using Screen Capture since I can't jump out of the game when it's running https://www.twitch.tv/videos/855025538 then it's hard for me to make it use window capture. and the sound is proton i see that a lot when playing win games on proton and I have tried to fix it and I cant not without make the sound delaying.

Last edited by kibasnowpaw on 30 December 2020 at 7:26 pm UTC
Xpander Dec 30, 2020
if you play windowed borderless you should be able to alt+tab and change the window capture to Cyberpunk2077.
Trust me, it gives much better video output, no tearing and stuff either. im recording with it all the time as well as few occasional streams.

For Audio delay i have no idea..im using JACK audio myself which has low latency.
kibasnowpaw Dec 30, 2020
Quoting: Xpanderif you play windowed borderless you should be able to alt+tab and change the window capture to Cyberpunk2077.
Trust me, it gives much better video output, no tearing and stuff either. im recording with it all the time as well as few occasional streams.

For Audio delay i have no idea..im using JACK audio myself which has low latency.

Nope, not if installed from steam. i just reinstalled it with Lutris and it runs a lot better I can run it in Ultra. i will be running more tests before I gonna stream it again

also made a report on Proton DB it's still Pending so here it is.
https://ibb.co/z71Jz3J

Last edited by kibasnowpaw on 30 December 2020 at 8:21 pm UTC
Xpander Dec 30, 2020
you can fix the missing sounds by using proton experimental. it has the spatial audio support thats needed for this game
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.