Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Civilization 5 under Steam Play
Lachu Aug 10, 2021
As far as I known, native version of Civilization 5 did not work anymore since sometime. I read a lot of post about this. I played native version and it works, but I decided to wait for Windows version will be playable (read further to understood why).

But most important reason I like to play with Steam Play is native version do not support Polish language and Windows version does. How to handle this situation?
whizse Aug 10, 2021
Try it out?

You can always switch back to native version if it isn't supported by Proton.
jads87 Aug 10, 2021
It doesn't work under Proton however it work fine when running under regular Wine+DXVK. I use it to play a mod, Vox Populi, which isn't supported when running the native Linux version.
whizse Aug 10, 2021
Oh, I see. It uses Valve CEG DRM. That's not supported by Proton.

Also, ProtonDB is pretty crap for sticking native games in there. Horribly confusing....
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.