Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
fast mouse you love?
QoAaD Sep 4, 2021
My current mouse (Roccat Lua) has just gone from being nice and zippy to being super slow, despite speed and sensitivity being set as high as they'll go. I'm thinking I need a new mouse, but Roccat doesn't make this one any more. I need one that works for small hands, as well as being fast. Running Mint 19.1 Tessa. What's a mouse you love that won't break the bank?
CatKiller Sep 4, 2021
I use a Steelseries Rival 310. Great for high speed use, works out of the box, and is configurable in Piper. I'd prefer if it was slightly heavier, but the weight is fine. It's not a problem with small hands, since my little one's been using it fine since he was two. I think they also do the same mouse but ambidextrous if that was a feature you wanted from your current mouse.

Last edited by CatKiller on 4 September 2021 at 7:37 pm UTC
QoAaD Sep 4, 2021
Cool, I'll give that a try! I'm really hating my mouse being so slow! Though I just discovered my cat SITTING on it, so that may be what's borked my current mouse. I'll have to protect my new one!
PublicNuisance Sep 5, 2021
I have enjoyed my Zowie FK2. It is not overly large and also doesn't require any software to tweak settings on the mouse which is nice because most that do only have Windows versions for the software.

https://zowie.benq.com/en-sg/product/mouse/fk/fk2.html#specification
whizse Sep 5, 2021
Quoting: QoAaDCool, I'll give that a try! I'm really hating my mouse being so slow! Though I just discovered my cat SITTING on it, so that may be what's borked my current mouse. I'll have to protect my new one!
Aha! El gringo pussygato! The nemesis of every fast mouse!
Mezron Sep 6, 2021
Roccat Kova
Xpander Sep 6, 2021
Had Roccat KoneXTD laser before. Amazing mouse and the opensource tools provided all the functionality to keybind, macro etc. Sadly after like 5-6 years of use, the left click button died. I could order the omicron switch and replace it, but haven't had time to do that.

I went and bought Razer Basilisk v2, cause they said openrazer is amazing. I should have researched more. The sad part is that openrazer is fine and lets me configure the LED/RGB, or well turn that rainbow crap off, but what i didnt know is that openrazer doesnt support any sort of keybinding :(. So i had to fire up a windows VM with usb passthrough to configure it. Luckily its stored to the device itself, so its all fine.

Love the erconomics of this mouse. Specially the nice hypershift button very comfortably near your thumb.
But yeah sad theres no keybinding support on linux for this.

Same thing goes to many other tools. Like logitech mice are supported nicely but piper doesnt allow you to configure g-shift modifications, unless its now implemented recently.
WorMzy Sep 7, 2021
After the developer of roccat-tools stopped his work, and my Roccat KoneXTD died, I ended up going with a Corsair M65 Pro RGB to replace it. One of the main selling points for me was that it's fully configurable on Linux with ckb-next. Not sure how well it'd work for someone with small hands though -- mine are fairly big, and it fits snugly into my palm.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.