MS wants to buy Valve
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
Grogan Sep 21, 2023
OK, I had to go and find the video. This is what I'm talking about. You don't have to waste all your time, jump through it or just see the still image and read the description ('nuff said?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGW3TPytTjc

I had him mixed up with that other clown. I remembered it correctly a while later. (brain must have bad sectors... read retries lol)
Cyril Sep 21, 2023
Quoting: GroganI also do not have a lot of time for these youtube gurus in general.
I'm not watching/following seriously any of them too... (be in English or my native language).
But from what I know, can we agree that Louis Rossmann is one of the best (or the one?) ?
(yeah they don't play in the same category...)

Last edited by Cyril on 21 September 2023 at 3:38 am UTC
EduAAA Sep 21, 2023
If Gaben has enough % so it depends on him, unless he wants to buy something he already is able to buy, that includes love, I don't think this gonna happen, but everything is possible as senseless it might be.

Mixing a quote from the social network with my blabbering "You know what's better than 1 billion thousand trillions? Having a brain". Suckerberg, Ellon Musk, don't have, but by the 2 articles I've read about Gaven, it seems he does.

As long as I can keep my steam games or keep using BitTorrent, let them play.
Grogan Sep 21, 2023
Well... he's kept the company private all this time, so that nobody could destroy what he built. While it's true you can't predict what humans will do with certainty, I doubt he's going to hand it to Microsoft.

For some people, it's not just about being proud of a successful business and having all the money you'll ever want... money is POWER. I don't think he's one of those people (by the way the company has been run)
Cyril Sep 21, 2023
Quoting: EduAAAIf Gaben has enough % so it depends on him, unless he wants to buy something he already is able to buy, that includes love, I don't think this gonna happen, but everything is possible as senseless it might be.
Love can't be bought, one of the few things capitalism can't touch.
pleasereadthemanual Sep 21, 2023
This would be absolutely terrifying. It kind of reminds me of Microsoft buying into Corel and Corel Linux soon disappearing, along with their financial contributions to Wine.

It also kind of reminds me of Microsoft talking to every hardware manufacturer that considered dual-booting Haiku and telling them that Haiku adding a "Boot into Haiku" button to the Start menu was a violation of the license, convincing them not to do it. I guess it reminds me of Microsoft discovering Apple's Quicktime and then creating Video For Windows using the same copyrighted code and somehow infringing on patents (?).

Yeah, I've been looking into history lately.

Any takers as to what would be the first order of business if Microsoft was at the helm of Valve..?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.