Europa Universalis IV: Leviathan brings with it a number of new diplomatic and domestic options, with more opportunities for expanding and improving your nation’s position as it competes for power from the Renaissance to the Age of Revolution. The first expansion to be developed by the newer Paradox Tinto studio too.
- Improved Diplomacy: Cultivate relationships with your neighbors, curry favor so you can request gifts, military support and even provinces.
- New Regency Options: Regency councils represent the interests of the most powerful estate, and can be extended to delay the ascension of an unfit monarch.
- Specialized Colonial Nations: Let your colonies focus on military help, trade power or self-government.
- Concentrate Development: You can now steal development from your vassals or territorial possessions to enhance the power of your capital city.
- Pillage Capital: Loot an enemy capital as a condition of peace, hauling development back to the capital metropolis.
- Expand Infrastructure: Provinces can expand their capacity to build new structures and manufactories, allowing smaller nations to create centers of wealth for a modest cost.
- Centralize State: Reduce the cost of government by spending unused Reform points.
- Totemism: Nations that follow the Totemist religion can revere a pantheon of past leaders, earning bonuses that reflect the skills they had in life.
- Monuments: Expand and establish great projects, adding new bonuses to your empire.
- New Unit Models: New army sprites for Southeast Asian nations, including Indochinese, Indonesian and Polynesian nations.
- And more: Including the ability to carpet siege enemy provinces, draft transports as a plutocratic nation, watch heirs gain legitimacy as they wait to inherit the throne and other changes.
As always for Paradox published titles, it also gets a free update for all players with no additional purchase needed. The "Majapahit" update adds modifications to the maps of Southeast Asia and North America, with major gameplay changes for North American First Nations. It also adds Australian Aboriginal nations.