Developer Felix Laukel (Colmen's Quest) has announced Of Blades & Tails, a quite charming looking upcoming turn-based RPG in a world full of different animal tribes.
"A turn-based RPG that is action-oriented but rewards a thoughtful approach. Discover a fantastic land populated by different animal tribes. You play Riff, a clever member of the tribe of foxes. A chain of unfortunate events involves you in a quest of vital importance to all the peace-loving creatures of the realm. You will have to leave your home village and explore the world to become strong enough to stand up to evil. (In other words: There will be a storyline but it's still in the making!)"
The dev said they've been inspired by classic Hack & Slays like Diablo and turn-based RPGs like Rogue's Tale or Stoneshard. No permadeath in this one, so you can feel free to explore as much as you like. It's also developed with Godot Engine which is great to see more developers go for FOSS tools.
- Turn-based Combat that allows for quick action or strategic planning
- An Open World with lots of places to discover
- A fresh, animalistic setting in a vibrant pixel art look
- Procedural generated dungeons and caves
- A Main Storyline and various side quests
- Classless Character Development with many abilities to unlock
- Equipment of different qualities and Unique Items with special powers
- Hunt giant bugs or gather herbs and other useful resources
- Many Enemy Types with different skills that may require tactical decisions
- Trade with rats and other profit-seeking animals
- ... and more to come!
You can follow it on Steam.