Heroic Games Launcher 2.3.1 is officially out now, bringing with it some big new features to help you manage games from Epic Games and GOG. I previously wrote about the last Beta but it has improved even more since then.
The first big new feature is the ability to change the Theme with five built in. Some examples (click to enlarge):
- You can install the Windows version of a game from GOG instead of the Native Linux version if you wish.
- The Heroic app can now auto-update, for Linux it's with the AppImage.
- You can add favourite games.
- You can hide games.
- Swap between favourites or recently played (or nothing) at the top of the app.
- A new accessibility screen to allow you to tweak certain settings:
- You can now sort the game list alphabetically or by install status.
- Heroic will now show you how much space is left on the device you're downloading / installing on.
- Various other UI improvements.
- Various other bug fixes.
Really fantastic to see just how quickly Heroic is evolving to become a real quality way to manage your games, especially for Epic who don't support Linux at all with games or their store.
This is probably my favourite launcher because it's so simple and just gets the job done on Linux and Steam Deck.