You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Introduce Yourself!
Page: «2/23»
  Go to:
Xpander Jun 8, 2012
I'm Xpander. Im 27 years old. Have been using Linux since 2006. before that just tryed couple of times but didn't stay long. I do some gaming videos with linux and up them to youtube from my spare time. I got into linux thanks to failure of windows. Got home from army and windows didn't want to boot up anymore.Got a ubuntu 6.10 cd from a friend and from that point on i was sticking to linux fulltime. Distro is changed to Mint in the mean time when ubuntu introduced the unity interface.
I also try to help people in the forums(mint and winehq) or if they have questions about some wine tweaking or stuff like that.

thats about it for now.
Hyeron Aug 2, 2012
Hello world.
I'm... Oh screw it. Just look on the left. ^^
30-some old (too old), using GNU/Linux since 2004, hobbyist translator, part-time indie helper (does such a thing even exist?), tech support for specific solutions as far as the dayjob is concerned, long-time GOL lurker, and that isn't too bad for a first post methinks. Feel free to ask if it isn't enough for you.
Hamish Aug 2, 2012
Hello Hyeron. I believe we have bumped into each other on occasion on Desura. Welcome then.
Hyeron Aug 2, 2012
Something regarding the Dude, indeed. And I believe we both took advantage of that particular sale. :D
Hamish Aug 3, 2012
Yeah, and I regret nothing. ;)
Ultimoore Aug 18, 2012
Hello, on the Internet I go by one two names Ultimoore or Omegus. I have been using Linux since 2010 when I got home from Afghanistan. I have become very fond of Linux and have been getting people in my area to switch. I am not a programmer of any sorts but I want to be. I just downloaded a book on C++ and I am practising on Ubuntu. My ultimate goal on Linux is to make a Linux only RPG based on FFXI or FFXII engine. The military has made me very ambitious to do something other than shoot a assault rifle.
CzarnyNalesnik Dec 27, 2012
Wow, I didn't see this topic early. It’s high time to writing something about me.

So, I'm CzarnyNalesnik (word for word - black pancake :D ) and live in Germany. English is my fourth language.

I use Linux since six years, my first distribution was Fedora, then tried Debian and finally I chose Ubuntu. Cool, that's my fifth year without Windows ;)

More privately.. I'm still learning, except linux I like football, drawing (I'm going to "art school" :D ) and good "oldschool" video games for NES, SNES, Atari.

You can meet me at DUG and ubuntuforums.org. I have my website about linux games too, but it's not competition for you, cause it's a site in polish language.

;)
FireFlower Games Jan 6, 2013
Please allow me to introduce myself. I’m a man who sells games for Linux and other platforms. You don’t have to guess my name, it’s Kristian. :) I’m not an experienced linux user but I like the concept of the platform.
Haven't tried a game on Linux yet but would be interesting to do, but I guess it wouldn’t be that different from Windows. But I might be wrong…
Will the future for gaming be Linux?
muntdefems Jan 26, 2013
Hi, I'm muntdefems, a 33-year old male from Barcelona. Exclusively using Linux since 2003, though I've just recently rediscovered my passion for gaming thanks to the Humble Bundles.

Big DRM-free games supporter, I've got a Steam account nonetheless. :P
Oxygen Addict Apr 29, 2013
Hi. I'm Rich and I'm an oxygen addict.

Been using Linux off and on for a few years now, typically on my second PC, and am currently developing a game that I'm hoping to release on Ubuntu.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.