Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Introduce Yourself!
Page: 1/23»
  Go to:
Liam Dawe Aug 29, 2010
Introduce Yourself!

This post had to be made...

My name is Liam, the owner and main editor of GamingOnLinux "GOL".

Been interested in Linux since i got my first PC many moons ago which came with Mandrake 9!
MaximB Aug 30, 2010
Re: Introduce Yourself!

Hello and congratulations on your new forums, I hope they go well.
Well, if someone don't know who I am...
My name is Maxim Bardin aka MaximB ;)
I'm 27 years old, live in Israel and the editor of the http://LinuxGamingNews.org website.
I work as a Linux/Windows System Administrator for a small startup company and basically do nothing all day at work, which gives me the opportunity to post news on LGN.

P.S
I already own Eschalon Book 2 which is a great game, so I'm not here for this contest ;)
alexandrius Aug 30, 2010

My name is Alexander Pataridze, i'm from Georgia, 17 years old
Firstly tried linux nearly 2 years ago
Nice to meet you guys ;)
qubodup Aug 30, 2010

Hi! I'm Iwan and I found this forum via LGN's announcement. I'm one of the admins of the FreeGameDev forums.
Hamish Aug 30, 2010

Hello all,

My name is Hamish Paul Wilson and I am 16 and live on a Canadian Ranch just a few kilometres from the summer village of Seba Beach, which is about an hours drive from Edmonton. I have been using Linux to a certain extent all my life, being introduced to it by my father who was actually part of the original Usenet group where Linus Torvalds originally announced Linux to the world. I have been using it as my main operating system since 2007. I have been a serious gamer since I first played Doom when I was seven, and it was also Doom which inspired me to start programming and working on games of my own.

As of the moment these are my Computer Specifications:
Operating System: Fedora 13 Linux
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 3650
Memory: 4 Gigabytes
Processor: AMD Sempron CPU 2.7 Ghz
Hard drives: 71.6 GB and 35 GB

Alongside game programming and general fiddling, I also spend my time working on several other projects. I am an administrator of three Wikis and am in a large part responsible for much of the Linux gaming coverage that can be found on Wikipedia. When I have time I will make a general portfolio of my work on my Icculus.org page. I hold both Canadian Citizenship as well as New Zealand Citizenship by descent. Well, I think that is more than most people would care to know about me, so for now I will leave it at that.
tweakedenigma Aug 31, 2010

Most know me as Tweakedenigma, at least anyone from the Ubuntu Forum.

My real name is Kory 26 and I am from Atlantic Canada. Have been using Linux for years and I am happy to see a lot more games coming out.
Pyux Sep 8, 2010

Hello i am pyux. Also known as pooks. I have used linux scince 2004. I only really used mandrake, mandriva, and ubuntu. I dont like using command line ^^

I only really play online games with other peole cause i get bored playing on my own ^^
JDShu Mar 29, 2011
Hey! Didn't notice this thread until now. I began using Linux in 2003, but stopped when I went to college in 2005. When I came back to it in 2009, my mind was blown by how much better it was! Anyway, I'm an economics/financial mathematics graduate turned aspiring developer studying towards a MS in CS in Massachusetts. I've written some simple games for practice and involved myself in some open source projects, although for now nothing super significant.
MyGameCompany Jun 4, 2011
Dang! You people make me feel old!

I'm Troy, an independent game developer and owner/operator of My Game Company in San Diego, CA. I'm also a proponent of Linux gaming. I've written some articles on gamedev.net about commercial Linux game development, I've helped a number of other indies with their initial Linux ports, and I'm always advocating Linux game development in various developer forums where I participate.
luntan09 Jun 8, 2012
Hello!Welcome join us!
Cheeseness Jun 8, 2012
Oops. I just realised I haven't posted here yet!

I'm Cheese. I've been using Linux as my working environment since 2003 and exclusively since 2005. I often write stuff about Linux gaming on my "Cheese talks to" site, and I've also just started as a guest writer here on Gaming On Linux.

In my spare time (depending upon how you look at it), I'm also a photographer, programmer and graphic designer. I use open source tools for all my work. Huzzah!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.