Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «29/178»
  Go to:
Shmerl Sep 20, 2017
Looks like we are getting somewhere with the Velen freeze bug. Thanks to Samuel Pitoiset!
Pependos Sep 21, 2017
Quoting: ShmerlLooks like we are getting somewhere with the Velen freeze bug. Thanks to Samuel Pitoiset!
This is a really good news, so let's wait for performance fix now. I think some missing textures and invisible enemies are secondary goals.
devland Sep 21, 2017
It seems that the new wine-staging 2.17-1 release fixes the rendering issues in Witcher 3 according to this article which, although it talks about 2.17, seems to refer to 2.17-1 because they were both released on 20 September whereas 2.17 was released almost a week ago and doesn't fix the rendering issues in Witcher 3.

I have yet to test the new 2.17-1 version. The rendering issues were my last grape with the game under wine as performance is already decent and will only get better in time. :)

Later edit: I managed to test it and the missing textures have not been fixed. :(
Shmerl Sep 24, 2017
Józef Kucia made a patch for Wine, to avoid the Velen freeze (bug #43273. See here.
Shmerl Sep 26, 2017
Can anyone with Nvidia blob please test if this bug happens with it too: https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43786
damarrin Sep 26, 2017
I tried, but I'm missing the expansions and a beard set. :-(
Shmerl Sep 26, 2017
Quoting: damarrinI tried, but I'm missing the expansions and a beard set. :-(
Yeah, that's a save from GOG GOTY version. I forgot to put that in description.
kaiman Sep 27, 2017
Quoting: ShmerlCan anyone with Nvidia blob please test if this bug happens with it too: https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43786
Loaded your save and did not encounter any missing/flickering textures.

Latest wine git from today with the patch you linked and then wined3d-buffer_create wined3d-sample_c_lz xaudio2-get_al_format wined3d-Copy_Resource_Typeless from staging on top.

Also left the cave and wandered around for a bit, without noticing anything that looked suspicious. I'll keep that wine build for now and continue my own game (I'm back in Velen too, for some late-game treasure hunting ...). If I notice anything out of the ordinary, I'll report back.
Shmerl Sep 27, 2017
Quoting: kaimanLatest wine git from today with the patch you linked and then wined3d-buffer_create wined3d-sample_c_lz xaudio2-get_al_format wined3d-Copy_Resource_Typeless from staging on top.

Can you try without wined3d-Copy_Resource_Typeless please? Also, please comment in the bug if you can, it will help developers.
kaiman Sep 27, 2017
Quoting: ShmerlCan you try without wined3d-Copy_Resource_Typeless please? Also, please comment in the bug if you can, it will help developers.
That breaks it for me, though inside the cave was still fine as far as I could tell:
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.