Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «16/178»
  Go to:
jumanji3031 Jul 7, 2017
Hi all..

I have two systems, one A10-7850k and an AMD Athlon x4 760k with an Radeon RX550 4gb.
The A10-7850k has an installment of LinuxMint 18.1 + mesa 17.1.3 + Wine 2.11 staging + Witcher 3 goty edition from gog.com.
The game works as good(or bad if i count the most common bugs seen here) as everybody else here (even my Witcher 2 from gog.com works!)

The AMD Athlon x4 760k system does not. It has the same install of Mint 18.1, wine 2.11 stag. and Witcher 3 goty ed. and i have tried different mesa versions like 17.1.x and 17.2-devel with the same results: a box pops up that says i do not have directx 11 support on the RX550. I the can click ok on that box and nothing more happens. (And yes i have done all the tweeks needed in regedit and wincfg)

Here the terminal output if i run the game from there:

err:winediag:wined3d_dll_init Setting multithreaded command stream to 0x1.
err:winediag:wined3d_dll_init Setting maximum allowed wined3d GL version to 4.5.
fixme:d3d:wined3d_guess_card No card selector available for card vendor 0000 (using GL_RENDERER "llvmpipe (LLVM 4.0, 128 bits)").
fixme:dxgi:dxgi_check_feature_level_support Ignoring adapter type.
fixme:dxgi:dxgi_device_init Ignoring adapter type.
fixme:d3d11:device_parent_create_swapchain_texture device_parent 0xa2380, container_parent 0xb7e30, wined3d_desc 0x212ecb0, texture flags 0, wined3d_texture 0xb7ec0 partial stub!
fixme:d3d11:device_parent_create_swapchain_texture Implement DXGI<->wined3d usage conversion.
fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x2421878) stub
fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x2335768) stub

(By the way, Witcher 2 works really slow on this system)
Areso Jul 8, 2017
Why after releasing Witcher 2 on Linux, there are no release Witcher 3 for Linux. Wasn't Witcher 2 on Linux commercial succussfull?
damarrin Jul 10, 2017
Quoting: AresoWhy after releasing Witcher 2 on Linux, there are no release Witcher 3 for Linux. Wasn't Witcher 2 on Linux commercial succussfull?

Where have you been this past week?
Shmerl Jul 11, 2017
Józef Kucia is back.
malek69 Jul 11, 2017
Quoting: ShmerlJózef Kucia is back.

omg, omg, go go Power Ranger
View video on youtube.com
Shmerl Jul 12, 2017
Despite Wine staging 2.12 release notes saying, that there are TW3 improvements in DX11, I didn't notice any major bugs being fixed. And the Velen hard freeze bug is still there, which is the most annoying blocker at the moment.

So far the situation basically looks the same as before. There is no need to set the registry for OpenGL version anymore though (with staging).
malek69 Jul 12, 2017
vanilla wine staging 2.12 Velen
View video on youtube.com
Shmerl Jul 12, 2017
Quoting: malek69vanilla wine staging 2.12 Velen

What GPU? The ground looks better than my last test, but still not quite right.
scix Jul 12, 2017
The nvidia specific red/black texture and missing vegetation bug appears to be fixed in 2.12 staging.
malek69 Jul 12, 2017
Quoting: Shmerl
Quoting: malek69vanilla wine staging 2.12 Velen

What GPU? The ground looks better than my last test, but still not quite right.
nvidia 750 ti blob NVIDIA 381.22
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.