You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «83/178»
  Go to:
Shmerl Mar 13, 2018
Quoting: ajgpHow is everyone setting up wine vulkan?

I'm building it from source and using the instruction on the project page. I never used Lutris, but I suppose if they are simply building wine-vulkan, you can use that and skip the building step. You'd still need to do the rest (i.e. install Vulkan SDK into the prefix, and set up dxvk itself).
Shmerl Mar 14, 2018
FYI: For now you need to use direct-image-mapping branch of dxvk, to benefit from better performance: https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/tree/direct-image-mapping
Shmerl Mar 15, 2018
Quoting: maspeberTested on weekend dxvk 0.31 - looks very good. Tested on Ubuntu 17.10, Vega 56, Ryzen 1700@3700, Oibaf ppa for Mesa, self compiled vanila wine-staging 2.21, dxvk 0.31 binary installed with the script. All worked out of the box.

Played with high settings on 2560x1080 fullscreen. I get more stable fps. With wine staging my fps dipped sometimes in towns under 20 fps, now I am around 35-40. No freezes, no texture glitches on underground. Rotfiends looks strange - like a box of triangles. But really good playable. Played for 2 or 3 hours in Blood and Wine. Quite impressed from dxvk.

Can you please test current dxvk with wine-vulkan (not wine staging)? I wonder how it performs on Vega.
maspeber Mar 15, 2018
Hi Shmerl, I tried yesterday evening but hadnt luck. cloned wine-vulkan from git and compiled, downloaded latest vulkan-sdk and installed and added the reg keys, installed dxvk via bash scprit. on startup I get an error (your gpu doesnt meet requirements for vulkan - similar like that). so i cant test :(
Shmerl Mar 15, 2018
I had that a few times. The installation step is a bit tricky. You need to make sure it picks up correct wine through setting needed environment variables and PATH.
Shmerl Mar 15, 2018
Upstream Wine is catching up with winevulkan support:

https://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2018-March/124262.html

QuoteThis wave of patches gets winevulkan to a usable state. Many simple
applications such as Doom, Wolfenstein II and many others including
dxvk should now work.

Use of winevulkan at this point requires installation of Windows Vulkan
SDK e.g. through winetricks (latest version). In addition registry settings
and winevulkan.json need to be added by hand, which will be improved in
the future.
Shmerl Mar 15, 2018
Wine master is just a few patches away from supporting Vulkan + dxvk (see in the list of pending patches). Result with them applied manually and direct-image-mapping branch of dxvk (for better performance):

maspeber Mar 16, 2018
Had no luck with wine-vulkan. Downloaded latest, compiled as usually, created clean win64-prefix, installed vulk-sdk-1.0.51, created jasonfile, added the two regkeys and get while try to run cube.exe (32/64):

sebish Mar 16, 2018
Hi

I have a problem. Game launches, sound is Nok and screen is black. Can anyone please share the correct procedure.

I followed the instructions:

- Compile Wine-vulkan 3.3 with --enable-win64
- Compile dxdk 0.31
- WINEPREFIX="$HOME/DXVK" bash setup_dxvk.sh
- Install vulkan SDK 1.0.51.0 and test 1.1.70.1
- create a json file "c:\windows\winevulkan.json" and reg key

I have install the last NVIDIA driver 390.42. The cube.exe of Vulkan SDK works.
I install witcher via Steam on a 64 bit WINEPREFIX.

Do you have an idea ?
maspeber Mar 16, 2018
@sebish: I resolved the black screen with wine-staging-2.21 and dxvk 0.31 with RADV_DEBUG=nohiz
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.