Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «110/178»
  Go to:
beko Aug 22, 2018
Quoting: yar4eAwesome news!!! My wife is waiting for Witcher 3 will be fully playable in Linux for very long time now
So is mine ;)
Shmerl Aug 24, 2018
Hopefully now @YoRHa-2B can focus on completing those workarounds :)
Ehvis Aug 24, 2018
Quoting: ShmerlHopefully now @YoRHa-2B can focus on completing those workarounds :)

Did he ever specifically say that they were "workarounds"? Maybe he has access to something that is not public yet and simply needs to wait until it is.
jens Aug 24, 2018
  • Supporter
Quoting: Ehvis
Quoting: ShmerlHopefully now @YoRHa-2B can focus on completing those workarounds :)

Did he ever specifically say that they were "workarounds"? Maybe he has access to something that is not public yet and simply needs to wait until it is.

https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articles/valve-officially-confirm-a-new-version-of-steam-play-which-includes-a-modified-version-of-wine.12400/comment_id=131679
Faattori Aug 24, 2018
I'll just leave this here:
https://github.com/KhronosGroup/Vulkan-Ecosystem/issues/26#event-1806602576

"Resolving inside Khronos"
Shmerl Aug 24, 2018
Yeah, he said they are workarounds. Resolving inside Khronos is great, it means things are moving forward for Vulkan itself at last. But until that's done and actual spec is released and then drivers implement it, might take quite a while. May be workaround will be available sooner :)
Ehvis Aug 24, 2018
Did he use the word "workarounds" anywhere? I could only find something less specific. If it was a workaround, it could have been pushed into a branch already. It's entirely possible that he has access to preliminary stuff. With Valve employing driver devs, there could also b e an internal preview version of a new extension that he used to implement it. In fact, the quote linked above explicitly says he didn't work around it. Since he did post a picture, I'm leaning to him having access to things that aren't public yet.
Shmerl Aug 24, 2018
See here. From it, it sounded like he didn't solve the problem, but somehow just made it look good even with it.

Unless what @YoRHa-2B meant that he actually collaborated with Vulkan driver team to use an experimental not in spec feature to implement it, and then submitted it to the Khronos group as a proposal. That would have been cool. But this process is not public, so it's hard to know what that meant.
Shmerl Sep 5, 2018
Progress confirmed for EXT Vulkan extension:

QuoteSome members of the Vulkan working group are developing a multi-vendor EXT extension for transform feedback with the primary goal of satisfying the needs of the DXVK, vkd3d and ANGLE translation layers. The Vulkan working group does not plan to promote this functionality as a KHR extension or as core functionality because it believes there are better, more forward-looking ways of processing and capturing vertex data with the GPU. The multi-vendor EXT extension should be available soon and is likely to be implemented on those platforms where DXVK, vkd3d and ANGLE translation is required.
Ehvis Sep 5, 2018
Pretty much as I expected. Not including it in the core specification sounds reasonable. But since Khronos was always working towards API translation, having an extension specifically used for that was something they had to do.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.