The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «116/178»
  Go to:
DoctorJunglist Jan 29, 2019
Quoting: amataiI play on proton with good performance (45 FPS good quality) on a Nvidia GTX960. only issue is some invisible monsters but apparently it is solved on Linux 5.0 so I wait for the stable release.
I have tried Wine+dxvk on the gog version first but it had terrible quality.
Install the 415 branch of drivers, eg 415.25 or 415.27.
14 Jan 30, 2019
Quoting: legluondunetHello,
before to buy this game, could you tell me if it is possible to play in good conditions with last Proton/Wine version? Cinematics play ok? Gamepad ok? N more glitchs or flickering?
If I were you, I'd get the GoG version and use Lutris to assist with the Wine config. Either way, you can return the game if it doesn't work I guess.
Shmerl Jan 30, 2019
Quoting: 14I'd get the GoG version and use Lutris to assist with the Wine config. Either way, you can return the game if it doesn't work I guess.

Just for the reference, you don't really need any special config besides dxvk. Everything else works out of the box with stock Wine.
DoctorJunglist Jan 30, 2019
Quoting: 14
Quoting: legluondunetHello,
before to buy this game, could you tell me if it is possible to play in good conditions with last Proton/Wine version? Cinematics play ok? Gamepad ok? N more glitchs or flickering?
If I were you, I'd get the GoG version and use Lutris to assist with the Wine config. Either way, you can return the game if it doesn't work I guess.
Except you can't. If you downloaded a game from GOG, they don't have the option of the refund going back to your bank account - you instead get it in store credit.

On Steam, you can choose whether the refund goes back to your card / bank account, or the Steam wallet.
Shmerl Jan 30, 2019
Quoting: DoctorJunglistExcept you can't. If you downloaded a game from GOG, they don't have the option of the refund going back to your bank account - you instead get it in store credit.

Not according to their documentation: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000487189-Money-Back-Guarantee-Policy

They clearly say there it goes back to your payment source, not just to store credit.
DoctorJunglist Jan 30, 2019
Quoting: Shmerl
Quoting: DoctorJunglistExcept you can't. If you downloaded a game from GOG, they don't have the option of the refund going back to your bank account - you instead get it in store credit.

Not according to their documentation: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000487189-Money-Back-Guarantee-Policy

They clearly say there it goes back to your payment source, not just to store credit.
Well, when I once tried refunding on GOG, they only offered me store credit...
Shmerl Jan 30, 2019
Quoting: DoctorJunglistWell, when I once tried refunding on GOG, they only offered me store credit...

You can contact their support to double check this, but it should go to your payment source surely. If I remember correctly, they offer store credits in case of regional pricing offset compensation.
Shmerl Feb 1, 2019
Latest amdvlk finally supports VK_EXT_transform_feedback, though it's still experimental and is hidden behind environment variable switch. To enable it, do:

export AMDVLK_ENABLE_DEVELOPING_EXT='VK_EXT_transform_feedback'

dxvk finds it in result!

info:    VK_EXT_transform_feedback
Shmerl Feb 1, 2019
The game doesn't work though, after trying load a save.
amatai Feb 2, 2019
After last Steam update, I lost my savegame (I have to manualy copy them into a new The Witcher 3 folder) and the performance were divided by 4-5.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.