[Fixed, needs testing] Dying Light refuses to launch
Page: «6/16»
  Go to:
devland Jan 3, 2018
Thanks for the help. Appreciate it. :)
skyrrd Jan 4, 2018
Had some issues yesterday with cnchi installer not passing "preparing disks". I'll take a look when i have some spare time but no promise when ;-)
ysblokje Jan 4, 2018
Quoting: devlandIt doesn't work on Arch.

ln -s /usr/sbin/lspci /usr/bin/lspci
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/usr/bin/lspci': File exists

There's no need on arch to do this anyway. if you do ls -l / you'll see why.

bin -> usr/bin
lib -> usr/lib
lib64 -> usr/lib
sbin -> usr/bin

In other words sbin and bin are already pointing to the same location.
skyrrd Jan 4, 2018
I'm now testing on Antergos (got the installer issue sorted out).
The game crashes after loading screen, log is hinting towards libc.so.6 so i'm now compiling an avx2 optimized glbic from aur and test if that fixes the problem
skyrrd Jan 4, 2018
OK sadly simply enabling avx and avx2 with cflags and cpuflags in makepkg.conf and then compiling glibc-git with yaourt did not work either. If i'm doing sth wrong please correct me ;-)
devland Jan 4, 2018
No idea. I was trying to import the dependencies from the solus snap packages based on what ldd lists.
skyrrd Jan 4, 2018
I'm glad it works for you as well ;-)

It would be awesome to know what really makes the difference.
AS we already know it can be played on arch, fedora, etc with snap package and now ubuntu (at least some versions), solus OS, Debian testing and gentoo without needing snap. I'll do some further testing with diffenrent distributions when i have some more time for some sort of compatibility-list.
ysblokje Jan 7, 2018
Well, I got it to work on arch with the snap version of steam from the solus guys. but not with the lsi-steam from AUR. I might be missing the point of the lsi package.
Funny, this makes me even more annoyed at the fact that it won't run on my arch installation without the snaped steam.

I'm curious to know what @skyrrd finds out is the real issue here. I've been chasing the same path but gave up at some point.
devland Jan 8, 2018
I tried xubuntu 16.04 this past weekend and didn't manage to start it from the console with Steam on. It only started from steam. I got the "failed to start renderer" error when trying to start it via console. I get the same error on Antergos after copying over all the required dependencies from the solus snaps. My guess is that Steam does some extra runtime variable setting that we are missing.

The next thing I want to try is to monitor the game process while it's working inside the solus snaps and inspect the full console command used by steam to start it. And then mimic it to start it manually without the snaps and with all the dependencies copied over from them.
siyia Jan 8, 2018
Pls find a workaround, same thing happens to me, Archlinux kernel 4.14.12 mesa 17.3.1 with amd gpu (core opengl 4.5), many users over the internet are having the same luck with opensuse distros and dying light.I've played a couple of dozen of games in steam and dying light is the only one that doesnt launch.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.