DiRT Rally GOL League - Group B Season 2
Page: «3/7»
  Go to:
tuubi Nov 4, 2017
Quoting: GuestMonaco shows how much bullshit the devs can do. In Greece you can go down to road and you can still recover. In Monaco you go over a little snowbank, and you are done.
Punishing but realistic, I'd say. Just try falling down a mountainside in a rally car and then push it back to the road... if you're still alive. It does sometimes kick in a bit too early, when you haven't still quite gone over. And some spots don't look quite that steep. This doesn't spoil the experience for me though.

Quoting: GuestI am also done with the game after 120 hours, there are bugs that bug me even as a very amateur racer.
I guess you got 120 hours of entertainment for the price so it's not too bad. Just out of curiosity, what were the bugs that most bugged you? (Pardon the pun.) I mean, I haven't run into many problems I'd call bugs in this game.

Quoting: GuestIt was fun though, have fun guys.
Thanks, I certainly will.
Xpander Nov 6, 2017
So Monaco claimed many souls. 6 Made it through. UK is starting now, will be fun with the Manta :D

I havent noticed any anoying bugs with the game, few minor issues only. ~110hours played for me and still enjoying it.
tuubi Nov 6, 2017
Quoting: GuestIf you check the stages at Monaco where there are snow parts and you can go through banks where you can't do anything just watch the "game/stage ending" animation.

And then go to Greece and you can freely go down and nothing happens, and you get a "so realistic" 15 second penalty and the game places your car back on the road. There is nothing realistic in it. In fact these off-road adventures would probably cost minutes in real life and probably a DNF, because of the damages to the car.
So, are you arguing that the game is too easy in Greece, or that it's too punishing in Monaco? It's not very consistent and not even close to perfectly realistic, that's true. Maybe Dirt Rally 2 (you hear me Codemasters?) will improve on this. Although I think this game has a pretty good balance of simulation and fun. Too much realism might not be desirable, IMHO.

In any case, these seem like design problems more than bugs, but that's neither here nor there if you don't enjoy the game anymore. Thanks for participating!
Ehvis Nov 6, 2017
Quoting: tuubiSo, are you arguing that the game is too easy in Greece, or that it's too punishing in Monaco?

Monaco has a few places where it will "fail" you when you have barely two wheels over the edge. I haven't seen those in Greece. He may be referring to that.
tuubi Nov 6, 2017
Quoting: Ehvis
Quoting: tuubiSo, are you arguing that the game is too easy in Greece, or that it's too punishing in Monaco?

Monaco has a few places where it will "fail" you when you have barely two wheels over the edge. I haven't seen those in Greece. He may be referring to that.
Yeah I know. It has happened to me a couple of times as well. As I wrote before:
Quoting: tuubiIt does sometimes kick in a bit too early, when you haven't still quite gone over.
If I had thought of making a note of the exact place this happens and could reproduce it, I'd send a bug report to Codemasters.
Edmene Nov 6, 2017
Finally was able to finish a event well :)
after crashing to much in the first and going flying through a cliff in Monaco :(
Xpander Nov 9, 2017
UK - not completed yet, had some visitors to come over, so i managed to run 3 stages. Will update if i drive the rest of them.

Can't seem to match the Lancia S4 guys, even if i didn't do those mistakes.

Summary:
S1: Small crash into the ditch (~4 sec lost before i got back to the road)
S2: Spin
S3: Crash into Trees (~4 sec to reverse and start going again)
S4: Clean, but very slow in places
S5: Huge crash at the last sector, puncture, otherwise i was really flatout on this one
S6: Clean
S7: Clean
tuubi Nov 11, 2017
My driving was anything but perfect, but Wales was fun and I'm really happy with the result once again. I just love the way the Manta glides around corners. Wrangling these powerful RWD cars is all about throttle control, and for that I'm seriously considering selling a few internal organs to pay for a decent wheel and pedal setup. My trigger finger just isn't up to the job.
Xpander Nov 11, 2017
Quoting: tuubiMy driving was anything but perfect, but Wales was fun and I'm really happy with the result once again. I just love the way the Manta glides around corners. Wrangling these powerful RWD cars is all about throttle control, and for that I'm seriously considering selling a few internal organs to pay for a decent wheel and pedal setup. My trigger finger just isn't up to the job.

check around ebay, there are some auctions that you might be able to bid on the last minute :)

like:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-Driving-force-GT-Force-Feedback-Wheel-ps2-ps3-pc-Grand-turismo/322865642826?epid=102335094&hash=item4b2c4abd4a:g:0TEAAOSwyYFZ~zHh

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-Driving-force-GT-941-000020-Joystick/202103885738?epid=102335094&hash=item2f0e548faa:g:v6kAAOSwVA5Z~iWe

or some buy now:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/logitech-driving-force-gt-Steering-Wheel-and-foot-pedals/152737803169?epid=102335094&hash=item238fe1eba1:g:GW8AAOSwXvNZrIKP
tuubi Nov 11, 2017
Quoting: Xpandercheck around ebay, there are some auctions that you might be able to bid on the last minute :)
Thanks for the tip. I've seen second-hand Logitech wheels available for about 50 euros before. Haven't been in a position to put that much money into anything gaming related in ages, but things are looking up. I'll think about buying a set in a few months.

I might want to go for something with better pedals than the Driving Force GT though. I've only tested them quickly on someone's PS3, but they felt a bit flimsy. Still, better than a gamepad I'm sure.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.