Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
New Desktop Screenshot Thread
Page: «56/71»
  Go to:
Grogan Sep 17, 2022
This is my custom Manjaro desktop that I use for gaming. (Steam, Lutris)

I like lightweight things, no gnome or plasma for me. Even modern XFCE sickens me. I use Lumina Desktop 1.60 with a specific commit of fluxbox (1d19662c8975e881b4fa6465a8305be3ea5282ee) for the window manager, otherwise bad window and focus behaviour. That's the whole REASON I switched to Lumina, because I was previously using Trinity (TDE) for years, until I started having focus problem with some games, for example taskbar popping up in the middle of games and mouse breaking out etc.

http://www.mikeserv.org/images/manjaroo_sept2022.jpg

I named it Manjaroo, because it really is both gutted and heavily customized. I have a lot of distro packages as dependencies (too onerous to maintain all of it + lib32), but the main stuff is all custom PKGBUILDs. This is a lot of work, to keep a "good" gaming environment that I don't hate (admittedly, I don't like much).

Last edited by Grogan on 17 September 2022 at 8:04 pm UTC
Pengling Sep 17, 2022

Some Bomberman 64: The Second Attack! boss-battle fan-art that I like, this time around, depicting Bomberman fighting Ashtarth!

Quoting: GroganI don't know what would happen if I use img here (automatic resize or pollute thread with 1920x1080 image?) so I'll just make a clickable link.
The forum will automatically shrink the image to fit, and then it can be clicked to view it at full-size.

Last edited by Pengling on 17 September 2022 at 10:19 pm UTC
BlackBloodRum Sep 19, 2022
@Pengling, your hostname is Pirate-Cove? I shall warn you pyracy is a crime and shalt not be tolerated and they will hang ye if they catch ye.

My desktop

(Pictures taken by me, with smartphone believe it or not )

Last edited by BlackBloodRum on 19 September 2022 at 12:23 am UTC
Pengling Sep 19, 2022
Quoting: BlackBloodRum@Pengling, your hostname is Pirate-Cove? I shall warn you pyracy is a crime and shalt not be tolerated and they will hang ye if they catch ye.
Hahahahaha! Yes! However, I'm probably the worst pirate you've ever heard of - my Entroware Orion i5 (recently promoted to my daily workhorse) is simply named after a location in Five Nights at Freddy's.

Oddly, none of my machines have yet found themselves named after a location from a Bomberman game...

Quoting: BlackBloodRumMy desktop

(Pictures taken by me, with smartphone believe it or not )
Oh wow, those are spectacular!
Avehicle7887 Sep 19, 2022
A couple of months ago we were throwing away old computers at work. I saved this puppy and turned it into a little gaming system. I've upgraded with old parts I had laying around, with the exception of the RX 580 which I bought used.

Pengling Sep 20, 2022

I just did some simple upsizing on some graphics from Wario Blast Featuring Bomberman to add a handful of new ones into my rotation; This one is from Bomberman's ending, and shows him riding the Motobomber, which is the most fun power-up in the entire game. I really like the chunky look of resized Game Boy pixel-art, so I might do this again.

I really do have a lot of non-Bomberman backgrounds, honest! I'll endeavour to show more of them going forward.
elvisvinicius Sep 21, 2022
My humble old system.
To work and play!

--

https://imgur.com/gallery/sUPg35b
Pengling Sep 22, 2022

This one just came up in my rotation - it's some beautiful Yume Nikki fan-art by a Steam user called Yonetee, representing the Sky Garden area of the game.
Hamish Sep 22, 2022
Honestly forgot to swap my wallpaper for September until now so I just picked some gradients to see me through to the end of next week or so.

Pengling Sep 25, 2022

Some Minecraft (or, indeed, Minetest, if you prefer!) fan-art showing a blocky wolf sitting at the top of a blocky mountain looking out over some blocky islands and howling at the blocky moon, this time around.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.