Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
New Desktop Screenshot Thread
Page: «68/72»
  Go to:
Bilskirnir3124 Nov 25, 2023
Quoting: BlackBloodRum
Quoting: Bilskirnir3124
Quoting: Bilskirnir3124Not a fresh desktop anymore, but it's less than a week old. The second IVPN systray icon you'll see there is actually Bitwarden. Having the same issue on my laptop which is running the same distro and DE. Running Arch Linux and MATE.

If you don't mind my asking, do you mean you have two iVPN icons because you're running two active connections, or that it's duplicating itself?

If it's two simultaneous VPN connections you're after, there is a better way, with or without NetworkManager (NM).

Also, if you're system has NM installed, you can add iVPN/Mullvad/AirVPN (etc) directly to it, reducing the need for the extra application.

It's not duplicate iVPN installations/connections. It's an icon issue. That's Bitwarden for some reason using iVPN's icon. That is very good to know thought. I do use NM to manage connections. I intend to try out Mullvad sometime so I might try that method out.
This is quite off-topic for this thread, so I'll keep this brief.

Both iVPN and Mullvad can be configured directly through NM. I don't currently have iVPN however, for Mullvad you download the wireguard config from their "WireGuard configuration file generator".

Check the file is valid, it should have configuration sections of [Interface] and [Peer] at least. If you can get the same type of file from iVPN then the rest of this process is the same.

As root, change to the directory where it was downloaded, for example if you put it in ~/Downloads:

root $ cd /home/(your user)/Downloads

And now import it:

root $ nmcli connection import type wireguard file (conf file name).conf

Do note that you need to change (your user) and (conf file name) to match your local system. For example, if the file downloaded as au-bne-wg-301.conf, then you would run

root $ nmcli connection import type wireguard file au-bne-wg-301.conf

And you're done! You should now have the VPN imported, it probably also got activated by NM. At this point you can use NM to change a few bits (be careful not to break anything important!) such as whether it activates on boot and such.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the info. I'll give it a spin. Sorry for starting a minor derail.
BlackBloodRum Nov 26, 2023
Quoting: Bilskirnir3124Not a fresh desktop anymore, but it's less than a week old. The second IVPN systray icon you'll see there is actually Bitwarden. Having the same issue on my laptop which is running the same distro and DE. Running Arch Linux and MATE.

If you don't mind my asking, do you mean you have two iVPN icons because you're running two active connections, or that it's duplicating itself?

If it's two simultaneous VPN connections you're after, there is a better way, with or without NetworkManager (NM).

Also, if you're system has NM installed, you can add iVPN/Mullvad/AirVPN (etc) directly to it, reducing the need for the extra application.

It's not duplicate iVPN installations/connections. It's an icon issue. That's Bitwarden for some reason using iVPN's icon. That is very good to know thought. I do use NM to manage connections. I intend to try out Mullvad sometime so I might try that method out.
This is quite off-topic for this thread, so I'll keep this brief.

Both iVPN and Mullvad can be configured directly through NM. I don't currently have iVPN however, for Mullvad you download the wireguard config from their "WireGuard configuration file generator".

Check the file is valid, it should have configuration sections of [Interface] and [Peer] at least. If you can get the same type of file from iVPN then the rest of this process is the same.

As root, change to the directory where it was downloaded, for example if you put it in ~/Downloads:

root $ cd /home/(your user)/Downloads

And now import it:

root $ nmcli connection import type wireguard file (conf file name).conf

Do note that you need to change (your user) and (conf file name) to match your local system. For example, if the file downloaded as au-bne-wg-301.conf, then you would run

root $ nmcli connection import type wireguard file au-bne-wg-301.conf

And you're done! You should now have the VPN imported, it probably also got activated by NM. At this point you can use NM to change a few bits (be careful not to break anything important!) such as whether it activates on boot and such.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the info. I'll give it a spin. Sorry for starting a minor derail.
No worries, it was my fault.
Pengling Nov 26, 2023

Darkwing Duck! Let's get dangerous!
Avehicle7887 Nov 27, 2023
Time for a blue theme.

Hamish Nov 28, 2023
I had to uninstall all the Shadowgrounds games to make room for BioShock Infinte, so I brought my desktop icons back for November even with the smaller screen.

Not that I spent more than an evening playing BioShock Infinite so far, but it did show off my newer hardware at least.

Last edited by Hamish on 28 November 2023 at 10:02 pm UTC
Cybolic Nov 29, 2023
Moved from Arch to NixOS and to cut down on the amount of config files to convert to Home-Manager/Nix, I skipped moving over my bspwm config and am using KDE Plasma for the time being. Gotta say though, those desktop widgets are quite pretty, though not entirely useful when I never actually see my desktop.

Wallpaper link (though mine is edited)
Koopacabras Dec 1, 2023

Wallpaper Artist Kuldar Leement, its on Deviantart
Pengling Dec 1, 2023

Watch out for The Glitch!
StoneColdSpider Dec 1, 2023
Quoting: Pengling
Watch out for The Glitch!
Is that a scene from the Pixels movie????.......
Pengling Dec 1, 2023
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderIs that a scene from the Pixels movie????.......
Nah, it's Steam Trading Card art ("Inky, Blinky, Pinky & Clyde") from Pac-Man 256. Great little game, and it's always nice to see a big gaming brand like that having a native Linux presence.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.