Xpander Jul 13, 2019
https://dirtrally2.com/clubs/club/85340
New Club Link: https://dirtrally2.com/clubs/club/188229

Car Class: R5
Locations: 6
Stages: 6
Services: 2 per Location
Xpander Jul 14, 2019
Spain done. Went terribly on 2 stages. Most was pretty good, with small mistakes here and there. 3rd Stage i lost the tire on sector 2, so i had to replace it on the track, then fell off the road 2 times with 38 sec + 47 sec penalties, so in total about 3 minutes lost on this stage. Last stage also got the puncture on the middle of the stage, thistime i opted to not change the tire on the stage, but i fell off the track on one corner while driving without the rear right tire, so i got +25 sec for that also. Tarmac really isn't for me :)
Skully Jul 20, 2019
I had a bad time on stage 3 and 6 aswell. Not quite as bad as you did though. I did replace tyre and come off the track a few times. Awesome game.
Xpander Jul 27, 2019
Ok, seems i will have to skip this event as my wheel is recognized as Xbox 360 Controller by the steam (and ofc by the game also). Happens both with Steam in wine and with the native steam. dmesg shows nicely that its Logitech G920. Had this issue before also, what helped was steam reinstall and opting out of beta client, but seems now the non beta client has the same stuff also. So i have no freaking clue whats wrong with it :(
Xpander Aug 5, 2019
Updated First post. New Club started, due to bugs when mixing the club for both DiRT Rally games.
Xpander Aug 5, 2019
Australia Done. First 2 stages were pretty bad as i just jumped in without testing the wheel setup :D so i had to tweak it during the stages a bit. 3rd stage i lost my monitor for 2-3 seconds due static (have to buy new cable) crashed into the trees, but i think i didnt loose too much time there.. rest of the stages went pretty good i feel, few spins here and there also. A lot to learn in this game, not on the level yet.

As a side note. my Logitech G920 doesnt seem to work with Kernels 5.1.16 to 5.2.6 at all, Steam detects it as Xbox Controller and dmesg reveals that it doesnt load the forcefeedback stuff. With 4.19.61-LTS kernel it works great.
Skully Aug 6, 2019
I have joined, waiting approval.
Skully Aug 9, 2019
@Xpander, I noticed in the championship results page that you are using assists. What are you using? Just interested as you never used any in the first game.
Xpander Aug 10, 2019
Quoting: Skully@Xpander, I noticed in the championship results page that you are using assists. What are you using? Just interested as you never used any in the first game.

I don't use any. I dunno why its showing. I drive in other Club/League also and it doesn't show me as i have assists there, so go figure.
Xpander Aug 11, 2019
hmm i think i know why it shows assists for everyone.

the weird thing is, i dont see anywhere where i can change those settings
jotomo Aug 11, 2019
It's hidden under the advanced settings (like in the screenshot you posted). You can edit the championship and on the confirmation page extend that section and there you can set those items.

Finished Australia as well, badly though. Got to grips with the Skodia R5 a bit more towards the end (brand new car for me), but then my concentration faded but I didn't want to stop. Managed to finish a full stage (3) on two rims though :-)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.