DiRT Rally 2.0 - GOL Event - R5 Season 1
Page: «2/3»
  Go to:
Xpander Aug 11, 2019
Quoting: jotomoIt's hidden under the advanced settings (like in the screenshot you posted). You can edit the championship and on the confirmation page extend that section and there you can set those items.

i might be blind, i can't seem to edit the current championship anymore.
But yeah the screenshot on the first post, i can see now. So i think i will change for the next one.

if theres a way to edit the current one, let me know

[
jotomo Aug 11, 2019
I tested with a new (unstarted) championship. Now that it started I can't edit it anymore. Seems reasonable. As long as assists aren't enforced (which Id don't think they are) I'm not bothered.
Skully Aug 12, 2019
Yes you cant edit a championship once it's started.
Xpander Aug 17, 2019
Spain Done. I actually enjoy tarmac in this game. Much better feeling than in the firs DR on tarmac in this one. Managed to get constant 140+ FPS also, which makes it really good on my 144hz monitor. 2560x1440, all settings high, MSAA 4x, blur and bloom off. I think the latest patch improved perf quite a bit. Anyway to the summary of my driving.

SS1: Clean
SS2: Clean
SS3: Crash and Roll, lucky, lost maybe 6-7 sec only.
SS4: Small trip to the grass
SS5: Clean
SS6: Clean
Xpander Aug 25, 2019
USA done. It was pretty intense as i lost both of the right side of the tires on the 4th stage and i only had 1 spare, so the rest of the 2 long stages i drove without front right wheel, it was epicly hard to control the car, specially the turns to the left, it din't want to take at all, but i still managed to win skully somehow. I lost 1 min 7 on the first long stage without the tire and then on the second one i pushed as much as possible and lost jsut around 39 sec on there, incredibly i had a cap of 2 minutes so that was enough to win :D

SS1: Had a spin and went into wrong direction for few sec as i lost the orientation
SS2: Clean
SS3: Clean
SS4: Crashed into stones sideways, lost both of the right tires, so had to drive the last sector without 2 tires
SS5: Since i didnt have more than 1 spare tire, came through with 1 tire missing
SS6: Again without front right tire, managed to come cleanly and slowly through.
jotomo Aug 25, 2019
Half the rally with a wheel missing and still you win - that's impressive and scary at the same time ;-)
Sorry for missing this one and the last one, I didn't find the time and currently my back is giving me trouble making rallying a rather uncomfortable experience, so I'm focusing on fixing the former.
As a side note (though you probably already know this): I found out that Feral made the F1 2017 port support Fanatec gear and so does Dirt 4. So if they (hopefully and eventually) port Dirt Rally 2, Fanatec gear would become usable on Linux. I'm really liking where all this (Proton, Feral etc) is heading. Now if only I can find a solution to the disappearing trees bug in RBR with Wine on Nvidia (very likely a switch to Navi will solve this Nvidia-specific bug), then I can finally ditch dual booting.
Skully Aug 26, 2019
I lost a tyre on first stage, repaired lost over a minute. Then on second stage lost another tyre at very beginning. Had to finish the stage like that and had to do entire 3rd stage still missing the tyre. Not good lol.
Xpander Aug 26, 2019
Quoting: jotomoHalf the rally with a wheel missing and still you win - that's impressive and scary at the same time ;-)
Sorry for missing this one and the last one, I didn't find the time and currently my back is giving me trouble making rallying a rather uncomfortable experience, so I'm focusing on fixing the former.
As a side note (though you probably already know this): I found out that Feral made the F1 2017 port support Fanatec gear and so does Dirt 4. So if they (hopefully and eventually) port Dirt Rally 2, Fanatec gear would become usable on Linux. I'm really liking where all this (Proton, Feral etc) is heading. Now if only I can find a solution to the disappearing trees bug in RBR with Wine on Nvidia (very likely a switch to Navi will solve this Nvidia-specific bug), then I can finally ditch dual booting.

Missing trees in RBR can be fixed with using D9VK :) though last time i tried there were other rendering issues, but it might be solved by now.

Quoting: SkullyI lost a tyre on first stage, repaired lost over a minute. Then on second stage lost another tyre at very beginning. Had to finish the stage like that and had to do entire 3rd stage still missing the tyre. Not good lol.

Ahh, I thought you had something similar, cause of the caps were too big even for just mistakes on the stage.

Now i know that i have to take 2 spare tires just in case :D
Xpander Aug 30, 2019
New Zealand done. I recorded everything also, but turns out i had some audio settings messed up so its a 40GB mkv without any audio :( not worth to upload i guess.

SS1: Crash into trees, reverse needed, half-spin
SS2: Spin on straight
SS3: Clean
SS4: Small mistakes like going onto grass
SS5: Clean
SS6: Don't remember anymore what happened here, probably small mistakes :D
Xpander Sep 7, 2019
Poland not finished. My wheel disconnected on the 4th or 5th stage and theres a bug in wine with G920, you cannot replug it anymore, have to restart computer, cause it will hang the kernel driver :(
So thats it pretty much.. i recorded a video also, will upload maybe later, but meh, i had many mistakes on the first stages also.

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb5KhWVM0-8
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.