You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Cyberpunk 2077 in Wine
Page: «12/30»
  Go to:
pete910 Jul 12, 2021
@Shmerl. Sorry for the late response !

https://github.com/GloriousEggroll/wine-ge-custom/releases

Looks like you've found it anyhow
Shmerl Aug 1, 2021
Just for the reference, the last upstream version of Wine that works without audio crackling is Wine-staging 6.8.

Last edited by Shmerl on 1 August 2021 at 11:07 pm UTC
Shmerl Aug 2, 2021
I found one suggestion that fixed the audio crackling for me even for recent Wine-staging! Switching Wine audio driver from Pulse to ALSA fixed it. I suppose it still goes through either Pulse ALSA plugin or Pipewire ALSA plugin? Not sure, my backend is Pipewire anyway, but crackling can be avoided this way!

To switch I did this:

WINEPREFIX=<path_to_prefix> winetricks settings sound=alsa

Last edited by Shmerl on 2 August 2021 at 10:32 pm UTC
Pangaea Aug 6, 2021
Have you been able to play a fair bit of the game? Most of what I read about it is.. not good :-/
Shmerl Aug 6, 2021
I only started, so can't really say much but it looks pretty good so far story wise. And some new mechanics are surely better than TW3. What I don't like though are some UI elements that can't be turned off, like constantly glowing quest marker and such. What were CDPR thinking not making UI customizable? It's a clear regression from TW3.

Last edited by Shmerl on 6 August 2021 at 9:02 pm UTC
Shmerl Aug 8, 2021
To reduce autosave spamming, create custom.ini (you can use any ini file name):

; Put this in engine/config/platform/pc

[SaveConfig]
AutoSaveEnabled = true
AutoSavePeriod = 900
;AutoSavePeriodOnLock = 30
;CheckpointSavePeriod = 60 

[Developer/SaveSlotsConfig]
NumAutoSaveSlots=3
recaffeinated Aug 8, 2021
Quoting: PangaeaHave you been able to play a fair bit of the game? Most of what I read about it is.. not good :-/

I really enjoyed it. Probably give it 8/10. I played about 95 hours of it. On PC the bugs have mostly been ironed out. The combat is satisfying and the plot is ok, even if the main story line is a little short. The city feels big, and there's plenty to do.
Shmerl Aug 9, 2021
TW3 reference in the game

Shmerl Aug 11, 2021
Found a bike to ride there

Shmerl Aug 11, 2021
Found this cool area for riding a bike (no traffic there) after meeting Meredith Stout.

Too bad there is no good way to turn off the HUD in the game for taking screenshots.

Last edited by Shmerl on 11 August 2021 at 6:59 am UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.