Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Cyberpunk 2077 in Wine
Page: «2/30»
  Go to:
Shmerl Dec 7, 2020
Quoting: Segata SanshiroAre there any DX12-only games which work well now? I know Death Stranding does, but I don't know of any others. I guess that would improve the chances.

I don't really know. I only tested Aquanox: Deep Descent in DX12 mode using Wine + vkd3d-proton and it didn't work. I don't think I have any other games that have DX12 renderer.

Last edited by Shmerl on 7 December 2020 at 8:35 am UTC
LordDaveTheKind Dec 7, 2020
Quoting: Segata Sanshiro
Quoting: Shmerl
Quoting: Segata SanshiroWhat do you think the chances are of this working with DX12 through Proton GE on day 1?

It might not work, and vkd3d-proton developers will be focused on it since it's a high profile release.

Are there any DX12-only games which work well now? I know Death Stranding does, but I don't know of any others. I guess that would improve the chances.

Horizon: Zero Dawn does. I posted a video about it around a month ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSJiqzFvGUM&t=6s

Now that I have got my hands on a RTX 3090 (finally!) I'll be happy to post a new video of the game in crispy HD quality. I'll record something tonight.

The full list of the currently open cases is at the vkd3d-proton project page on GitHub, issues list:
https://github.com/HansKristian-Work/vkd3d-proton/issues

** EDIT:
I managed to upload a better video. Performance is not perfect but acceptable for a playthrough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdU4RgedBho

Last edited by LordDaveTheKind on 9 December 2020 at 5:23 pm UTC
AndroidNougat7 Dec 9, 2020
I really hope, that the Game works through Wine/Proton with VKD3D or that they enable Vulkan on the Win build of the Game. How long i do wait, until it works with Wine/Proton?

I want to buy this Game perhaps to Christmas

Should i buy the Game on Steam or GOG? And what alternative options are there?
Ehvis Dec 9, 2020
Quoting: AndroidNougat7Should i buy the Game on Steam or GOG? And what alternative options are there?

Why worry about that now? Might be better with proton, might be better with Lutris, might not work at all. The coming weeks will provide more information. And that's not taking into account that this looks like a similar deal to what TW3 was, where the first release was very buggy and they spent another year patching it. You'd probably be better off in every way by just leaving it alone for another year.
Shmerl Dec 9, 2020
I agree that even if it works, it's a high chance updates will keep breaking it. But if you want to help testing vkd3d-proton, you can get it sooner and report bugs.
LordDaveTheKind Dec 9, 2020
Quoting: ShmerlI agree that even if it works, it's a high chance updates will keep breaking it. But if you want to help testing vkd3d-proton, you can get it sooner and report bugs.
I agree. It would be nice to help testing if you would like to invest your resources (time and money) on it.
Shmerl Dec 9, 2020
https://twitter.com/Plagman2/status/1336777322607734784

QuoteProton 5.13-4 is now available, with Cyberpunk 2077 support! Currently requires an AMD card and Mesa git. Major thanks to the team over at CD PROJEKT RED for letting us test a build, as there was plenty of vkd3d and radv work needed to get there.

Last edited by Shmerl on 9 December 2020 at 9:39 pm UTC
Pangaea Dec 11, 2020
A game I'm interested in, so I'm keeping half an eye on this place again. Mixed reviews so far and some bugs that need to be ironed out ASAP, but any penguins been able to get it running on Linux yet, without the Shteam DRM crap? Does regular DXVK handle it?

Suppose that ideally it should have been postponed yet further, but they "had" to release before Xmas for sales reasons. In any case, despite CDPR's hatred for Linux, I trust them more generally, so assume the game will be a great game eventually, even if the launch is a bit mixed.

Last edited by Pangaea on 11 December 2020 at 8:50 am UTC
tuubi Dec 11, 2020
Quoting: PangaeaMixed reviews so far and some bugs that need to be ironed out ASAP, but any penguins been able to get it running on Linux yet, without the Shteam DRM crap? Does regular DXVK handle it?
https://www.gamingonlinux.com/2020/12/cyberpunk-2077-working-on-linux-for-amd-gpus-proton/

At least one or two people in that thread had the GOG release working I think.
Xpander Dec 11, 2020
GoG release works for me with vkd3d-proton and wine-tkg_6.0 (wine-tkg-staging-fsync-git-6.0rc1.r6.gfd8727a3)
performance is terrible though and it hangs at random times (nvidia driver issue) 1440p and lowest details i can barely get 60 fps with my 1080Ti and 455.46.02 drivers. played only about 30 min though, skipped through char creation to see how it performs. terrible. Need new GPU :D

Spoiler, click me

Last edited by Xpander on 11 December 2020 at 12:28 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.