Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Cyberpunk 2077 in Wine
Page: «19/30»
  Go to:
Shmerl Feb 28, 2022
Thanks for the heads up, I'll test it shortly.
Shmerl Feb 28, 2022
Downloading it now. Weirdly GOG doesn't list hotfixes changelogs.
Shmerl Feb 28, 2022
Just tested - the bug is indeed gone for me. Cyber Engine Tweaks is broken again though, but there is a newer release for it that works with that hotfix.

Last edited by Shmerl on 28 February 2022 at 7:30 pm UTC
14 Mar 1, 2022
I picked up a new 6600 XT and wanted to share the in-game benchmark results on Linux! This is a really cool experience now.

Using Steam's Proton 7.0-1 with gamemode in the launch parameters.

Shmerl Mar 1, 2022
Nice! I haven't tested this benchmark mode yet.

Last edited by Shmerl on 1 March 2022 at 10:42 pm UTC
Shmerl Mar 1, 2022
My result (Sapphire Pulse RX 6800 XT, Wine-staging 7.3, Mesa main, vkd3d-proton master):

My settings are max except screen space reflection quality is set on Ultra, not on Psycho (the latter really degrades performance).

Last edited by Shmerl on 1 March 2022 at 11:22 pm UTC
Shmerl Mar 13, 2022
Looks like KHR_ray_query landed in radv. I'll test if ray tracing works in the game now shortly.

Last edited by Shmerl on 13 March 2022 at 5:24 pm UTC
Shmerl Mar 13, 2022
Nope, the game hangs if trying to enable ray tracing in the settings.
Shmerl Mar 18, 2022
According to various reports, Cyberpunk 2077 on Linux now performs better than when playing it on Windows when using AMD GPUs (with difference on lower end like Steam Deck APU being even more pronounced). Excellent work of open source developers!
Xpander Mar 18, 2022
Even with nvidia. Bought RTX 3080 with my friend, both the same model and according to in-game benchmarks we are within ~3% of difference. The only problem for my friend with windows 10 is that he has game crashing every 30 min to 1 hour while i have put 30 hours into it now without a single crash.
How the tables have turned i guess.

Bench result:
2560x1440, all maxed, RTX off, DLSS quality (~84 FPS when DLSS is off)
Spoiler, click me

Last edited by Xpander on 18 March 2022 at 8:37 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.