Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Cyberpunk 2077 in Wine
Page: «20/30»
  Go to:
scaine Mar 18, 2022
I'd love this to be a continued trend. I'd... god, I'd just love it!
Shmerl May 29, 2022
Ray tracing started working in Cyberpunk 2077 in latest Mesa main and vkd3d-proton without crashing the game! Performance is completely tanked though with ray tracing enabled 😆, but I wouldn't expect much from this generation of RDNA2 anyway.

Also, looks like some graphics might be not fully correct when ray tracing is enabled.

Set up: Sapphire Pulse RX 6800 XT, 2560x1440.

No RT:

RT (all options enabled, lighting setting on ultra):

Last edited by Shmerl on 29 May 2022 at 6:17 am UTC
Shmerl May 30, 2022
With pending PR !15030 for radv performance gets better with ray tracing than without it, though it's still not a playable level on those settings.

No ray tracing ~ 86 fps:

Ray tracing ~11 fps:

Notice also that visuals don't look correct (for example reflections don't seem to work at all), so things aren't fully implemented yet I assume.
scaine May 31, 2022
I'm beginning to suspect that I really don't need RT in my life. I'm pretty sure it's the future, but the difference between these pictures is so small that they're simply not differences that I'm likely to notice at all.

Reminds me when people compared DLSS to FSR 1.0 - you can certainly tell when it goes wrong, and you can sometimes tell when you're putting stills next to each other. But at 60fps while I'm playing a game? Nope.
Shmerl May 31, 2022
I don't really care much about it either, but it's not really working in the current pictures as it should. At least not fully.

So it's not yet at the point of such comparison. It's more just for fun of testing it and the game not crashing with ray tracing enabled anymore.

When it will work, I expect ray traced picture to look objectively better.

Last edited by Shmerl on 31 May 2022 at 6:13 pm UTC
scaine May 31, 2022
Quoting: ShmerlI don't really care much about it either, but it's not really working in the current pictures as it should. At least not fully.

So it's not yet at the point of such comparison. It's more just for fun of testing it and the game not crashing with ray tracing enabled anymore.

When it will work, I expect ray traced picture to look objectively better.

Yep, I agree. And lets not forget that CP2077 was an early adopter, so I'm not even sure their implementation is indicative of what's to come. Time will tell! I still need 6800XT prices to dip under £750 anyway, so I'll be waiting a while anyway!
setimese Jun 2, 2022
This game is beautiful! It's a great thing Linux users got a more polished version. :)
Schnabulator Jun 5, 2022
I dont get raytracing with lutris/gog version of cp2077 (v1.52) activated.
Is a newer version of mesa needed?
output of "glxinfo | grep OpenGL"

OpenGL vendor string: AMD
OpenGL renderer string: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT (sienna_cichlid, LLVM 13.0.1, DRM 3.46, 5.18.1-arch1-1)
OpenGL core profile version string: 4.6 (Core Profile) Mesa 22.1.0
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.60
OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile
OpenGL core profile extensions:
OpenGL version string: 4.6 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa 22.1.0
OpenGL shading language version string: 4.60
OpenGL context flags: (none)
OpenGL profile mask: compatibility profile
OpenGL extensions:
OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.2 Mesa 22.1.0
OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.20
OpenGL ES profile extensions:

output of "ls /usr/share/vulkan/icd.d/"

radeon_icd.i686.json  radeon_icd.x86_64.json

thank you in advance

Last edited by Schnabulator on 5 June 2022 at 10:38 am UTC
Koopacabras Jun 6, 2022
finished the game ! I liked it's not bad, but with all the hype I was waiting for something spectacular. Are all the endings worth expiriencing? I did the corpo story.

Spoiler, click me
I ended up choosing to side with Arasaka daughter and blasted thru Arasaka corporate building with the help of Arasaka's daughter security officers, but the ending was a bit dissapointing ... I tried both endings of signing the contract to get another body and refusing and getting back to earth. But I don't know how to unlock the ending where you side with Johny Silverhand and allow him to posses your body. All the other endings I think I will have to go wwaaay more back and load saves from a lot earlier, it should take lots of hours right?

Last edited by Koopacabras on 6 June 2022 at 4:58 am UTC
Shmerl Jun 7, 2022
Quoting: SchnabulatorI dont get raytracing with lutris/gog version of cp2077 (v1.52) activated.
Is a newer version of mesa needed?

You need Mesa main, vkd3d-proton master and setting these environment variables:

export RADV_PERFTEST='rt'
export VKD3D_CONFIG='dxr11'

And even then it's not really "working", but rather not crashing the game already.

Last edited by Shmerl on 7 June 2022 at 2:00 am UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.