Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
"Your PC information hasn't been updated in a few months - be sure to keep it up to date! "
Page: «3/8»
  Go to:
slaapliedje Apr 5, 2021
Quoting: x_wing
Quoting: The_AquabatI currently want to buy a 27 inch monitor 1440p, but I'm not sure what to do, here in my country (argentina) there seems to be supply chains problems because I've seen them increase a lot in months.... I supposed that monitor were kind of the question here. What do you guys recommend? maybe in the future this begins to normalize

During the first months of the pandemic the monitors prices went nuts. Everyone was trying to buy one (or a laptop). Right now the prices are kinda "normalized" for mainstream monitors but whatever has the "gamer" label on them are still slightly expensive IMO.

With this said, the best offer I can find for you is this: https://compragamer.com/producto/Monitor_Gamer_HDC_27_HM_27WQ_2K_144Hz_TN_HDMI_DP_11408?seccion=3&destacados=1&nro_max=50&cate=5

But bare in mind that it's a TN panel. If I were you, I would go for a 23"/24" 1080p 75Hs Panel (a little over the half of the price of this monitor). My two cents.
I shouldn't talk about monitors, as I'm rocking a 144hz 3840x1200 monster...
Koopacabras Apr 5, 2021
Quoting: The_AquabatI currently want to buy a 27 inch monitor 1440p, but I'm not sure what to do, here in my country (argentina) there seems to be supply chains problems because I've seen them increase a lot in months.... I supposed that monitor were kind of the question here. What do you guys recommend? maybe in the future this begins to normalize

During the first months of the pandemic the monitors prices went nuts. Everyone was trying to buy one (or a laptop). Right now the prices are kinda "normalized" for mainstream monitors but whatever has the "gamer" label on them are still slightly expensive IMO.

With this said, the best offer I can find for you is this: https://compragamer.com/producto/Monitor_Gamer_HDC_27_HM_27WQ_2K_144Hz_TN_HDMI_DP_11408?seccion=3&destacados=1&nro_max=50&cate=5

But bare in mind that it's a TN panel. If I were you, I would go for a 23"/24" 1080p 75Hs Panel (a little over the half of the price of this monitor). My two cents.

Yeah gaming monitors are overpriced but look at this https://diamondsolutions.com.ar/monitores/hp-monitor-27-elitedisplay-e273q-hdmi-hp-1fh52a8

looks like a steal !

but I don't have all the money yet I think in 15 days maybe, I'm afraid this price won't stay longer
in mercadolibre (ebay like site) the same monitor is 70k at least
what do you think x_wing?

are HDC monitors good? never saw one in person... I have read both good things and bad things bout them.

Last edited by Koopacabras on 5 April 2021 at 9:52 pm UTC
Koopacabras Apr 6, 2021
I'm informing myself a little, since I'm no crypto savy myself, but it seems that in July there will be a difficulty bomb fork, so imho this thing has some chances of normalizing some time after July (difficulty increase makes profits smaller and less atractive for miners)

https://bitboycrypto.com/eip1559-passes-despite-miners-objecting-ethereum-set-to-become-deflationary-harder-mine-in-july/

Last edited by Koopacabras on 6 April 2021 at 3:34 am UTC
x_wing Apr 6, 2021
Quoting: The_AquabatYeah gaming monitors are overpriced but look at this https://diamondsolutions.com.ar/monitores/hp-monitor-27-elitedisplay-e273q-hdmi-hp-1fh52a8

looks like a steal !

but I don't have all the money yet I think in 15 days maybe, I'm afraid this price won't stay longer

Well, it's hard for me to say "a steal" when the price is the double of two 23" 1080p IPS 75Hz monitors but yeah, compared to all the other shit that is available this is definitely a good offer.

Beware of the seller though, I wasn't able to find the physical location of the company. Before buying try to reach them a check their policy about dead pixels, there can be nasty surprises for RMA with unknown sellers.

Quoting: The_Aquabatare HDC monitors good? never saw one in person... I have read both good things and bad things bout them.

I never got one so I can't give an opinion. But what I can say is that Compra Gamer is well known in Buenos Aires, so it's quite easy to RMA and/or return the product if you don't like the quality.
slaapliedje Apr 6, 2021
Quoting: The_AquabatYeah gaming monitors are overpriced but look at this https://diamondsolutions.com.ar/monitores/hp-monitor-27-elitedisplay-e273q-hdmi-hp-1fh52a8

looks like a steal !

Well, it's hard for me to say "a steal" when the price is the double of two 23" 1080p IPS 75Hz monitors but yeah, compared to all the other shit that is available this is definitely a good offer.

Beware of the seller though, I wasn't able to find the physical location of the company. Before buying try to reach them a check their policy about dead pixels, there can be nasty surprises for RMA with unknown sellers.

Quoting: The_Aquabatare HDC monitors good? never saw one in person... I have read both good things and bad things bout them.

I never got one so I can't give an opinion. But what I can say is that Compra Gamer is well known in Buenos Aires, so it's quite easy to RMA and/or return the product if you don't like the quality.
Wait until they're on crazy sales. I got my monitor for 800 after tax, and it's normally ~1200 on Amazon. It's a ThinkVision P44w-10
x_wing Apr 6, 2021
Quoting: slaapliedjeWait until they're on crazy sales. I got my monitor for 800 after tax, and it's normally ~1200 on Amazon. It's a ThinkVision P44w-10

Unfortunately that's not how it works in Argentina. One week before the prices go up around 40% and the next week you get a 50% discount. So, 10% discount if you're lucky.

Last edited by x_wing on 6 April 2021 at 5:36 pm UTC
slaapliedje Apr 6, 2021
Quoting: slaapliedjeWait until they're on crazy sales. I got my monitor for 800 after tax, and it's normally ~1200 on Amazon. It's a ThinkVision P44w-10

Unfortunately that's not how it works in Argentina. One week before the prices go up around 40% and the next week you get a 50% discount. So, 10% discount if you're lucky.
Ugh, I've seen crap like that. Always irritates me when I see it. Or the big trick of giving you a low price... but then shipping and handling is absurdly high.
furaxhornyx Apr 8, 2021
Quoting: GuestI’m probably the last one here still using a 19" 1280×1024 75Hz screen

Well, I still use mine as secondary monitor for things like Discord, Skype,...

Problem is that, since it is "only" 75Hz, it caps my main monitor at 75Hz too, although it is capable of 144Hz (and even 180Hz in overclocked mode)... that's one of the thing I regret from when I was on Windows 7
Arehandoro Apr 8, 2021
I managed to grab a Ryzen 5 5600X over a month ago. Lately, the thought of upgrading to a Ray Tracing capable GPU has started to creep up on me, but until prices go down, and the drivers support it natively, I will probably wait. VR also interests me, but can't honestly justify its price at the moment.

Last edited by Arehandoro on 8 April 2021 at 8:44 am UTC
Shmerl Apr 9, 2021
Quoting: slaapliedjeAnyone else actually able to upgrade their PC in the last few months?

Nope. It's impossible to buy anything since AMD released new CPUs and GPUs last November. Especially GPUs. Still waiting to get the non existent Sapphire Pulse RX 6800 XT. I don't really get how some write they bought something like that. Must be pure random luck since these cards seem to be produced in single digits.

Last edited by Shmerl on 9 April 2021 at 2:29 am UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.