Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
"Your PC information hasn't been updated in a few months - be sure to keep it up to date! "
Page: «4/8»
  Go to:
Shmerl Apr 11, 2021
Quoting: GuestI got my 6800XT from reading local forums and following the "in stock" threads, stocks come in regularly but you have to be very fast when they do show up in stock.

I can't even find the model that I want anywhere - Sapphire Pulse RX 6800 XT. Not really interested in stock models and custom ones are impossible to buy.

Last edited by Shmerl on 11 April 2021 at 7:47 am UTC
Duck Hunt-Pr0 Apr 11, 2021
Quoting: slaapliedjeThat's because you can't buy any new hardware!

Why do you need new hardware? What purpose would it fulfill for you? Is your current hardware somehow in any way lacking in ability of serving your needs and expectations?

Get functional hardware..

Let me be blunt; If your need is simply to aquire the "newest and latest" expensive f%cling sh!t , you aught to seriously reconsider your priorities. If only for the sake of the contents in your wallet and your personal economy.

(i'm not saying that is your mentality, i don't know you or your computing requirements. But there's plenty of people who think that way. Commonly referred to as "Materialists / Consumerists")

Last edited by Duck Hunt-Pr0 on 11 April 2021 at 10:15 am UTC
Shmerl Apr 11, 2021
Quoting: GuestThat's the one I was lucky to get.

Where did you buy it? I can't find any listing for it except on Amazon where it's always not available.
Shmerl Apr 11, 2021
Quoting: Duck Hunt-Pr0Get functional hardware..

This is a rather nonsense recommendation. You can't buy a functional GPU now. Neither recent nor old. They are non existent. I.e. old ones are not produced anymore and new ones are produced in minuscule quantities which makes them impossible to buy. Check the real situation first.

Last edited by Shmerl on 11 April 2021 at 10:39 am UTC
Shmerl Apr 11, 2021
Quoting: GuestMissed you wanted the Pulse version, I have not seen that either.

Yeah, I can find a bunch of Nitro listings (all sold out, but still from normal sellers). Pulse - only on Amazon and it always directs to scalpers with some ridiculous price if it's ever in stock.

Last edited by Shmerl on 11 April 2021 at 4:36 pm UTC
denyasis Apr 11, 2021
Quoting: Shmerl
Quoting: Duck Hunt-Pr0Get functional hardware..

This is a rather nonsense recommendation. You can't buy a functional GPU now. Neither recent nor old. They are non existent. I.e. old ones are not produced anymore and new ones are produced in minuscule quantities which makes them impossible to buy. Check the real situation first.

Hell, I just looked up the going price for my current video card, a Nvidia 1070 Ti.... I got it for 409$USD in 2018. Today, same card used at the same site, 799$USD. New, 1150$USD.

Wow. Nearly double/triple the price for four year old hardware...
Shmerl Apr 11, 2021
Quoting: GuestThis surprised me, so I went to check on LDLC, a famous hardware distributor here in France.

Yeah, current situation with GPU shortages is crazy.

Last edited by Shmerl on 11 April 2021 at 8:27 pm UTC
x_wing Apr 11, 2021
Having stock is probably a country issue. I can find stock for almost every GPU in my country but at prices that are nonviable.
Shmerl Apr 11, 2021
Quoting: x_wingHaving stock is probably a country issue. I can find stock for almost every GPU in my country but at prices that are nonviable.

Not really. It's a global shortage due to production problems and global demand skyrocketing. What you see "in stock" for crazy prices are scalpers buying whatever measly supply there is and then reselling it for quick profit. That you could find, yes. But I don't count it as being in stock.

Last edited by Shmerl on 11 April 2021 at 11:26 pm UTC
x_wing Apr 12, 2021
Quoting: ShmerlNot really. It's a global shortage due to production problems and global demand skyrocketing. What you see "in stock" for crazy prices are scalpers buying whatever measly supply there is and then reselling it for quick profit. That you could find, yes. But I don't count it as being in stock.

The crazy prices I get are from retailers, not scalpers from the internet (we also have those though). For what I can see, MSRP are no were to be seen and all around the world retailers are selling their stocks at very high prices. IMO, the difference between my country and others is that even with this crazy prices it seems that in more developed countries there are "gamers" still whiling to pay them.

Last edited by x_wing on 12 April 2021 at 3:21 am UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.