Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Logitech F310 controller drift
robvv Jul 10, 2021
Evening all,

I've very recently upgraded my OpenSUSE Tumbleweed system with a new CPU, motherboard and RAM but have kept keyboard, mouse and gamepads etc.

I didn't reinstall the OS but I did re-detect things such as the audio device. Everything has gone well, but I have been experiencing problems with my two F310 gamepads which have been drifting and/or unresponsive in games such as Edge of Eternity and Tallowmere 2.

My xboxdrv.conf reads as follows:
[xboxdrv]
silent = true
mimic-xpad = true
next-controller = true
[xboxdrv-daemon]
dbus = disabled

The gamepads are detected fine by Steam as far as I can tell, and I have run Steam's calibration tool. I've also tried the gamepads in different speed USB slots to see if that's the cause.

Can anyone suggest something that I might have missed?

My PC info can be found in the link above.

Cheers :-)

Last edited by robvv on 10 July 2021 at 10:47 pm UTC
dpanter Jul 11, 2021
You don't need xboxdrv, the Logitech F310/710 gamepads work natively in both Linux and Steam. Try without it. I find the dinput mode works better usually with my F710's but you can try both modes.
robvv Jul 11, 2021
Quoting: dpanterYou don't need xboxdrv, the Logitech F310/710 gamepads work natively in both Linux and Steam. Try without it. I find the dinput mode works better usually with my F710's but you can try both modes.

Thanks for this. I have now removed the driver and the F310s do indeed still work :-) However, by chance I have solved the drifting and unresponsiveness by removing the Steam Controller dongle! I hadn't been using it for a while but had kept it plugged in 'just in case'.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.