Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
How to get xrdesktop to work in Debian Sid (VR Linux) (works with Valve Index)
slaapliedje Jul 15, 2021
So, here I was about to buy Black Widow through Disney+, but wanted to watch it like I was watching it in the theater. Now I could use VRDesktop in Windows (haven't been able to get it working through Proton yet) and then looked around and found xrdesktop.

Sadly, the debian packages for plasma desktop were not working out of the box (sid).

Here's how to fix it.

sudo apt source kwin-effect-xrdesktop
cd kwin-effect-xrdesktop-0.15.1
sudo apt-get build-deps kwin-effect-xrdesktop
sudo apt install libgxr-openvr-0.15-0
dpkg-buildpackage
cd ..
sudo dpkg -i kwin-effect-xrdesktop_0.15.1-1_amd64.deb

Then follow the instructions here;
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xrdesktop/xrdesktop/-/wikis/howto

Was messing with this last night and my Index, and it's awesome.

Last edited by slaapliedje on 15 July 2021 at 4:56 pm UTC
whizse Jul 15, 2021
Neither have I VR, nor use KDE, but I do like it when people share the fix and not just the problem, so thank you!
slaapliedje Jul 15, 2021
Quoting: whizseNeither have I VR, nor use KDE, but I do like it when people share the fix and not just the problem, so thank you!
Of course, glad it was a semi-easy fix. Not sure why the b1 package in the repository needed me to replace it with the source package. I will either submit a bug report, or check if there already is one. May have just been held due to freeze time.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.