Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
To Liam
Dorrit Jul 27, 2021
Hi Liam.
I read the article Assemble Entertainment release an open letter on who they "don't want" as a customer.
I read it with surprise and disgust because it contains expressions so crude they go beyond acceptance:
Quotecontemptible defecatory orifices!
and because it contains specific political stances that are out of the scope of gaming related reality:
Quotewho votes for "parties" that are disgusting and inhuman...(yes, I’m referring especially to the AfD in Germany)
But the worst was yet to come. First you, Liam, write:
QuoteIt's definitely a stance to admire
and then you, Liam, write:
Quote...be bigots... We will start removing people in future who act like it
So first you state that you "admire" a speech so bigoted and hateful to the point of disbelief. And then you call bigots to others who may use the term "woke" and threaten them with removal.
I always looked at GOL as political/ideological neutral; and that was one of the best things about this site (as opposed to Rock Paper Shotgun for ex.). I'm forced to reconsider my view.

And that saddens me.
Samsai Jul 27, 2021
Quoting: DorritI read it with surprise and disgust because it contains expressions so crude they go beyond acceptance:
I suggest you to never open a biology book, their contents are on approximately same level of crudeness that goes beyond acceptance. ;)

Quoting: DorritSo first you state that you "admire" a speech so bigoted and hateful to the point of disbelief. And then you call bigots to others who may use the term "woke" and threaten them with removal.
If this speech is "bigoted and hateful to the point of disbelief", you should see the kind of speeches the people Stefan Marcinek complains about make. It would make your head spin!
Liam Dawe Jul 27, 2021
This topic was closed to prevent more nuisances arriving.

I don't know why people, at any time, thought we were anything other than anti-racist and anti-homophobic and much more. We're proud to help fight against it all and stand up for the people who need it.

If people don't like our stance, they can delete their own account and all content they've posted at any time from this page, we make it real easy for you to go if you wish. However, would prefer people to stay, if they stick within our rules and don't act like terrible people.

Perhaps bigot isn't the right word to use for what I was about to say, so I'll try another: we find it completely ridiculous to call people out for intolerance, for fighting against intolerance. That shit doesn't fly here.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.