Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Counter-Strike 1.6 Will Not Launch Pop! OS 21.04
RedneckonLinux Aug 4, 2021
Has anyone had any luck getting this game to run recently? I know this isnt a support forum. Just curious if anyone has had any luck.
Liam Dawe Aug 4, 2021
Moved to the native game forum, since it's a native game.

Also, for proper help people need more info like the output when run through terminal.

Last edited by Liam Dawe on 4 August 2021 at 8:38 am UTC
buono Aug 4, 2021
I occasionally fire up counter strike condition zero, and have experienced times when it refuses to start.

I have no idea why, but if you start it with proton and then return to native in the compatibility settings it runs fine again.

Might be worth a try.
RedneckonLinux Aug 5, 2021
When i run steam through terminal then attempt to run the game nothing pops up in terminal. Doesnt even crash on launch. Just straight up doesnt launch. I tested the switch proton on and off and it doesnt work.
whizse Aug 5, 2021
This one? https://store.steampowered.com/app/10/CounterStrike/ If so, it works for me.

Just to be clear, running the game with Proton is also a no go? No messages in the terminal?
RedneckonLinux Aug 8, 2021
It works fine under Proton. It just refuses to launch the native version of linux. And when launching through terminal it acts like it was never attempted. Nothing pops up at all in the terminal.
whizse Aug 8, 2021
That's odd. Steam is usually very verbose.

Another alternative is to launch the native version using the "Steam Linux Runtime". You enable it from the same place as Proton.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.